Chapter 17

_Chapter 17_

Elliot Warren

What on earth just happened?

The whole scene just seemed like a dream to me. And then his Mom had to come in and literally drag him out of the room. I didn't want to cause any more trouble than I already did. And yet here I was, partially terrified and partially on cloud nine.

Don't even ask me how that works.

Anyway, I couldn't sit still any longer. The mere thought of him getting scolded for something I was also at fault of was nothing pleasant. So, I managed to grab my wheelchair and secretly sneaked to where the voice was coming from to listen to their conversation.

"How am I going to face Bianca after this," I heard Livia's voice. "Just to get that clear, I'm definitely going to tell your father. And you two man up and tell his parents as soon as they return!"

I was hiding behind, so I couldn't see them in particular but it was enough to hear what the two were saying. And yup I was totally eavesdropping on them. And I was here for it. "I still can't believe it. Are you guys being serious? Like, it's not just some experimenting or-"

"Mom!" Ricky interrupted her. "Of course it's not. At least for me it isn't." I smiled at that. Yeah, for me neither. It was quiet for a minute when I thought that the conversation found it's end. I was ready to return when I heard the dull voice of his mother.

"So you really like him?" And again it was quiet. "He's a really nice guy and he's clearly making you a better person, so if this thing between you and him won't work out, I'll be standing on his side."

"You suck, Mom!" He sighed when he suddenly started whining. "Ow, ah okay, okay I got it, I'm sorry! Ouch!"

"Who'd you think you're talking to, young boy! I'm not one of your little mates!" She scolded him even more. I unconsciously chuckled and decided to barge in that conversation by knocking against the open door in order for them to catch my presence.

"Oh Elliot, I didn't know you were here. We were just talking about you now," she felt a little embarrassed, I think. But I would be, too, in her position.

"Elliot," Ricky huffed with a slight almost apologetic smile. "Are you okay?"

"Mh yeah," I nodded.

"Guys, I still can't believe it. Are you really okay with it, Elliot? My son is not forcing himself on you, is he? I know he can be quite teasing but don't let yourself be fooled."

"Are you trying to make me stand in a bad light?" Ricky scowled at her.

"Like there's anything to appreciate about you anyways," I huffed and rolled my eyes. Livia was just laughing at it while on the contrary the guy, who apparently was capable enough to steal my heart, pouted. "I'm just kidding. You didn't think I was being serious, did you?" I grabbed his arm and ended up tugging on it, giving it a light squeeze.

"Don't know. The things you say don't always match with the things you think or do," he shrugged. "It's... misleading," he turned my own words at me.

"Misleading things are not always so bad, though." I sheepishly smiled.

"So damn adorable!" He cooed. "Mom will you let me date him? I promise I'll get my grades up, so please help me convince, Dad. Else, he won't ever be okay with this! And he only listens to you anyway." He pressed his palms against each other in a begging motion to convince her. Meanwhile, I just wanted to be buried to hide the blush from my face.

"I'm not the one you should ask, though. I'm more worried whether Elliot would agree," she looked at me apologetic for his son who by the way stared at me, seriously waiting for an answer. But me, of course being so overwhelmed that I didn't manage to get a word out, I just remained silence. "See, I told you he ain't sure yet," she nudged Ricky who clearly seemed disappointed.