Chapter 7

The majority of Frank's Sunday is spend lying in bed because he was in too much pain to get up. He did get up once to use the bathroom and refill his water bottle, but other than that, he hasn't done much of anything. He played games on his phone until it died, and after that he took a nap. When it got later in the day, Frank spent the little amount of daylight left reading his comics, and after it got dark outside, he set his book down and closed his eyes to fall into a dreamless sleep.

Monday was pretty much the same routine, minus the phone, because Gerard still has his charger. His mother left early in the morning and hasn't been back since, and only God knows where the hell she went. As it's getting later in the day, Frank realizes that homecoming is on Friday, which happens to be October thirty-first, which also happens to be his birthday.

He looks up at his ceiling and rolls his eyes, thinking now he's not only going to miss homecoming, he's also going to miss his eighteenth birthday, unless by some miracle, his body decides to heal itself enough to be able to go to school in just a few days. He doesn't want to miss his birthday, because he was going to try and convince his mom to let him stay with Gerard on that day. He knows that when hes eighteen, he is technically free from his mom, but out of respect, he's not going to leave her just yet because she can hardly even take care of herself. If it weren't for Frank needing to have actual food, she probably would have drank herself to the grave by now, because alcohol is her favorite meal. As harsh as she is to him, Frank doesn't have it in him to abandon her, because the only thing that will end up doing is killing her.

Frank has never really missed school, but more so the outlet he had there, and right now, he's missing that part of it a lot. He had his music teacher, Mr. Bulsara, his best friend, Gerard, and a couple other people he didn't mind talking to, like Mikey, Vic, or Kellin. They're all good people, though Kellin is sometimes questionable, but honestly, Frank wouldn't care if the only person he was able to talk to ever again was Gerard.

Speaking of Gerard, he hasn't talked to him since he left his house, because like the not smart person he can be sometimes, he wasted his phone battery playing games instead of talking to the one person he trusts the most. He wishes he would have used the battery to call him for the rest of the night on the day it died.

Glancing out his window, Frank notices it's getting late. His mother still isn't home, but he doesn't really care. Feeling exhausted, Frank reaches for his blanket and pulls it up over his bruised body, and he snuggles up against his pillow, hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow. He closes his eyes, and soon after, he falls asleep.

Tuesday and Wednesday pass, and not much happens, except his mom finally is back home and she's got plenty of alcohol to last her a few weeks. His body still aches, but Frank can finally stand up and not feel like he's going to double over when he starts to walk around, so that's a start.

He and his mother haven't talked since she went ape-shit crazy on him, and he's beyond thankful for that. He doesn't want to talk to her on regular days, but especially now more than ever, he doesn't want to even see her.

Now it's Thursday night, and Frank is really wanting to go to school tomorrow. The bruises on his face have healed enough for them to only be noticeable if someone was to look real closely, but other than that, they're getting difficult to see. The bruises all over his back are still purple, but they're not as intense of a color as they were on Saturday or Monday.

After standing up and walking around his room, Frank decides he really misses Gerard and he's willing to go to school tomorrow, and he will go to the football game with him. It's not the best way to spend a birthday or Halloween, but it's something, and the last thing he wants to do is spend it alone.