Chapter 7

Hugo POV

"Hugo," I heard Sofia muttered under her breath when I suddenly joined in their conversation.

"I suggest you let go of the princess," I said, and I know that I'll completely question myself later, but looking beside me is the only answer that I need.

Sofia.

"Do you want a fight? Who are you anyways?," He asked still not letting go of Sofia and I know my patience is fading. I took a deep breath to control my temper.

"Prince Arden, I think you know me very well," I said. I remember that time when we met, not on very good terms. A fight ignited between us and let's just say it ended very badly on his part.

His eyes widened at my statement and he immediately lets go of Sofia's hand. Sofia touched her wrist and looked at Arden like he was something she should never touch.

She was scared, I can see her shaking, but still kept the posture and confidence to scare a predator.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," He quickly apologized and sat back down on his chair. Lots of people are still looking at us and because Sofia already ordered I just signaled her to sit back down at her chair and I signaled Arden to get out of his seat.

He left immediately and sat with Axel who secretly smirked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I knew he sacred Arden the way Arden acted when Axel started back at him.

"Thank you," I looked at Sofia and smiled.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm here, no one's gonna do that to you again," I assured her, but for me it was like a promise that I need to keep.

"I tried to- I tried not to be scared, but my body reacted faster than my mind," she said and I know that she was still scared I held her hand and I tried to calm her down.

"I know, even though you're strong, there's still some fears we can't get away from, and sometimes we do need a bit of company," I said and her hand stopped shaking her breathing return back to it's normal pace.

The next thing that she did will surely make me lay awake at night, but I'm sure it will be totally worth my sleep.

She looked at me with her big blue eyes and smiled at me like I'm the only person she sees in this big room, and that's exactly how I felt in that exact moment.

"Your order your highnesses," I went back to reality and looked at the waiter serving us.

I ordered the chicken and Sofia got her steak. I looked at Arden and Axel and I guess they got their orders too.

After we ate, Sofia and I walked around the island just taking in the beautiful scenery.

"It's such a coincidence that your here," Sofia said and said with as smile," It was good that I'm here."

"What are you doing here, also out with a  date?," She asked and I saw the change in her expression, or is it just me? I don't want to go to any conclusions, but with her tone in her last words, is she jelaous?

"Yeah I am," I said teasing her and she just smiled it off but I can see sadness in her eyes. " With my brother," I continued.

I felt a box on my pocket and I remembered the bracelet that I'm supposed to give to her that night.

"Actually, I want to give you something, can you close your eyes?" I asked her and she did exactly what I told her to.

I got the bracelet and I put it on her. She opened her eyes and looked at the bracelet.

"Hugo, it's beautiful," She looked at the bracelet in awe. "I was supposed to give it to you on your birthday, but I got scared," I said and I scratched the back of my head.

"Oh, why is that?," She smirked and I know she's up to know good. She looked at me and got closer.

I felt time slow down at that moment and I didn't notice myself getting closer and closer.

I felt her breath and I closed the gap between us and I already knew at that moment I'm not going to close my eyes for a whole week.