Chapter 17

Hugo POV

I know I came here just to see her, it's uncomfortable to see her in her own engagement party. I know she spotted me, and I also brought myself a date.

Princess Yasmin of Pasrain, she's quite fond of me, and she makes that completely obvious, but nevertheless she's kind.

At the corner of my eye I saw Sofia and she looked at me for a brief moment before going into Arden's direction.

She probably just called him to lessen the awkwardness that will be happening when she greets us.

She looks at me like nothing happen, but she didn't shake my hand instead Arden did and I held it enough to know that I was holding a grudge and he did the same and looked at me rather intently.

I let go, and then I looked at Arden again who is giving a fake smile.

"Well, I hope you are enjoying the party," he said and grabbed Sofia's waist. I almost let out a growl. Instead, I also grabbed Yasmin's waist and I know she's looking at me right now with hope but I'll fix that later.

"Nice wine and nice people, I'd say we are having the time of our lives. Right Yasmin?," I addressed her at such just to emphasize that we are close.

Sofia was close to looking down, but she held her head high, she changed.

"Well, like I say good wine makes the conversation," Sofia said in a tone that makes you look highly of her.

"Arden would have to agree?," She chuckled and Arden gave her a smile.

"Prince Hugo and Princess Yasmin, it's nice to have this conversation, I wish you both good luck," Arden bid goodbye and they just nodded lightly and raised their wine glass as a response.

______________

Hi guys! I'm sorry to cut in your reading but, I'm suggesting a show that I'd think you'd like.

If you're looking for someone to ship, or just really likes fantasy and adventure, I've got the perfect show for you.

Legend Quest: Masters of Myth out on Netflix

_______________

Sofia POV

As we went away, I let out a large breath.

"That was nerve wracking," I whispered and Arden chuckled at my reaction.

"I think you handled it pretty well," he said.

"Arden," someone called him and we searched for the voice and found out it belonged to Arden's father.

"Be right back, enjoy the party, it's ours after all," he kissed me on the cheek and I just smiled and waved goodbye.

I decided to go to entertain the remaining guests, but even after that Arden is still pretty occupied I haven't seen him.

I went to the restroom, I guess everyone is enjoying the party, there's no one here.

I fixed myself.

"Give a chance to Arden," I said and I nodded to myself making myself feel better.

I stepped out only to see Hugo in the hall.

"Hugo what-," I was quickly cut off by Hugo's lips on mine, he grabbed my waist.

His kiss was full of hungef, it wasn't him at all, and I didn't enjoy it.

I pushed him away.

"What are you doing?," I asked angrily but making sure no one hears us.

"I know you want this," he said, and I shook my head slowly.

"Hugo, what you're doing right now is simply idiotic," I said and he smirked.

"Are you drunk?," I asked as I sniffed him.

"No," he said said completely tells that he is since he smells like wine. I never expected Hugo to have such a quick reaction to wine.

"Sofia, you're not happy, so why?," He asked and this time I took the time to look at him.

His eyes we're close to crying.

"Hugo, I choose this so please," I said and tried to get away from his grip.

"Hugo let me go," I demanded.

"Not until you tell me why? That's not the reason, you liar," he said and I slapped him.

"Hugo, that's way out of line," I said and tears gathered up in my eyes, I'm still trying to hold it back.

"Sofia, I need to understand, if you tell me then I'll let you go," He asked softly this time and I can feel his breath only neck, waking up my senses and I let out a quiet gasp.

"Hugo," I warned him and he started kissing my neck.

"Hugo, stop, I'll tell you," I said and he stopped and looked at me.

"It's because they initiated war if I don't do this, so please for the both us, I intend to keep my name clean for the meantime," I explained.

He let go of my waist and I walked away. I fixed my hair hoping he didn't make a hickey, but I still put my hair in a manner.

I entered the party with confidence hoping that no one could see how a wreck I am.