Chapter 11

Sofia POV

The stunt that I pulled out earlier, I was so close to fainting. I know it was wrong for the girl to initiate, but I couldn't hold it anymore. I liked him.

Actually, I wasn't sure if he liked me, I just thought that he felt that I liked him that's why he did this.

Now that I'm in my bed staring at the ceiling, remembering what happened the past few days, it was like a fairytale, it felt magical.

I know I still have a lot of suitor's the next few days, but maybe I'll tell my mom tomorrow that I like Hugo, just to cancel every date that I will have for the next few weeks.

I then suddenly remembered the kiss and couldn't hold myself and rolled on the bed until my breath can match the beating of my heart.

I felt my face getting hot and red. I then got out of bed and jumped up and down.

"Yes, yes, yes!," I whispered to myself while smiling.

I went back to bed so that I can have a good night's sleep, and hopefully dream about Hugo. I smiled as I close my eyes and drifted into sleep.

I woke up the next morning and got out of bed, I was ecstatic today is the day to make everything official.

I went down to the dining hall and I felt the amazing atmosphere changing. I saw my mom's face like something happened bad.

"Good Morning!," I said in a happy tone and sat down to my seat. "What are we having?," I asked as Angela, one of the maids lifted the lid and it showed pancakes with syrup.

"Yum," I said as I reached for the fork and knife and started eating the pancake.

"Mom, I have to tell you something later," I said after I swallowed the pancake.

"Us too, Sofia," she said and I just felt like her tone was a little off, like she was forcing it to be happy.

We then finished our pancakes, none of us said a word after mom spoke. It was something I'm not used to, everytime that we ate together we all had something to say, but everyone's mood sets everything off, even James, I mean it's James.

I then went to Dad's office to talk about the whole Hugo thing.

I entered the room and I felt the eyes of the walls staring at me.

"Sofia," Mom sighed and signaled me to sit down. I sat down to face them.

"Ok, Sofia, what are you supposed to tell us?," My Dad started the conversation.

My eyes lit up as soon as I thought about the "situation."

"Well, I really liked my suitor yesterday," I started and I took a deep breath.

"It was Hugo, I feel like he would be a really nice person to be with, and I think it's mutual and -," I was cut off by my Mom.

"Sofia, you can't marry Hugo," she said and my mouthe gaped open.

"What? Why?," I said in a worried tone, I felt that everything was going downhill. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Sofia, I thought that it was okay for you to marry anyone you like, we tried, we really tried," My mom cried.

"Wait, what's happening?," I asked again not fully understanding what the problem was.

"The kingdom of Rethope is asking for war."My dad said, and I knew what is going on, but I needed to hear it from them.

"And?," I asked tears filling my eyes.

"They said the prince has to marry you, unless you don't, we will lose the war, their kingdom is much stronger than ours."

"Why me?, I'm not even royalty at first," it was just unbelievable, why would someone want to marry me.

"Can't we convince the prince to marry someone else?," Different solutions forming in my head, but we need the decision of the Prince of Rethope in order for it to work.

"We tried Sofia, we tried offering different things to them, but you can't really give something to a kingdom that has everything," My dad replied and I just sighed at the thought. I knew I had to do it, I can't let my people down, even if it's the cost of my own happiness.

"Can I know who I'm marrying?," I asked them and Mom and Dad looked at each other.

"Prince Arden."

-----------

I am also gonna be writing another fanfiction called You're Sweeter Than Your Macarons. It is a Miraculous Ladybug fanfiction.

This is the synopsis:

Midnight is when Adrien, scratch that, Chat Noir decided to come to Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Not at the front door, no, not for a stray cat. Instead he landed on a bluenette's balcony looking for a little company. He found company and plus a tray of macarons with it. And after that he never stopped coming.

Hope you also support me on this one.