Chapter 9

Hugo POV

"Why are you here?," Sofia asked me  and I just laughed nervously.

"I'm your suitor for today," I replied happily.

"Really?," she asked in disbelief and I couldn't but be a little disappointed at her reaction.

I guess she noticed it quickly since she added, " No, it's not that, it's just it's so sudden."

"Oh, maybe this is a dumb idea," I said and turned my back and started walking towards the door but she link her arms in mine.

"Hugo, I'd be happy to have you as a suitor," she said and kissed me on the cheek.

"Now, come on let's go," She said. I nodded and smiled brightly as we walked to the carriage.

"Where are we going?," She asked me.

"I was thinking we could go ice skating and have dinner later, but how about you?," I asked her.

"What about me?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Well, I never actually thought of that," she paused and thought for a few minutes and the her head popped up and she gave me the brightest smile she could give me.

"I was thinking that we could go boating on the magical waterfall, the one even if you are travelling downward the boat just goes with it normally, it would be amazing," she said and I chuckled at her suggestion.

"Then that's we're going" I said to the Coachman to bring us there.

I looked at Sofia looking down at ground then my eyes travelled at her wrist, I was happy with what I saw.

"Hey, you're wearing it," I said and she quickly turned her head.

"Wha- oh, this," she raised her hand to have a better view of the bracelet.

"Yeah, it's beautiful, it's not too flashy so I can casually wear it," she added and she smiled.

I decided to touch her wrist and look at the bracelet closely and then I interlaced my hand with her. In which that was a wrong move.

I felt my face turning red and I looked away so she won't see.

"Hugo," she called with a worried tone but I just continued to turn my face.

"Are you okay?," She asked and then the Coachman intervened which I'm absolutely grateful for.

"We are here your majesties," He said in a formal way and I looked around. It was beautiful.

"Oh shoot, I didn't bring something to change into," I said and Sofia looked at me.

"Don't worry, they have a store here, see," she pointed at a distance and I was relieved.

"And plus, we won't be wet anyway, we're on a boat," she continued and went to the buy some tickets.

I signaled the Coachman to park and I proceeded to walk to Sofia.

"Thank you," she paid for the tickets and waved the tickets to my face.

"Let's go," She said and I took her hand and held it. She just went with it and smiled.

We got into our boat and luckily Sofia brought a few snacks that we can nibble on while we're strolling down the river towards the waterfall.

We didn't say a word with each other and just looked at the beautiful view around us, and the view in front of me is something amazing.

"Hugo, why are you staring at me?," She giggled and let me tell you that giggle is music to my ears.

"Enjoying the view," I said and she laughed and punched me lightly on my arm. I smiled at her reaction.

It's surreal that I get to spend time with her, especially on a date, it's something that I didn't even write on my list because it seemed impossible.

She hated me, I knew that and I wasn't exactly the best person to befriend, I was a stick in the mud.

She changed that and I couldn't be happier.

"Hugo," her call descended me back to reality and my first reaction was, "what?."

"We're almost at the waterfall," she pointed and I looked behind, it looks like we're going to fall, but not really.

She felt excited of what was going to happen.

I smiled throughout our boat ride because I couldn't strike up a conversation, but it didn't feel uncomfortable, it felt like we knew each other that words doesn't really matter anymore.

We got off the boat and we continued our date by going to the restaurant that I set up for us.

"I'm sorry your majesties, you are not on the list."