Chapter 25 Time For a Change

I walked through the store looking at all of the stuff and I looked through the dyes then I got a thought. why not cut our hair it might help. I went to the kitchen utensils after grabbing black hair dye. I looked at the scissors. I grabbed a one before walking to men's hair section grabbing some shavers. Finally I made my way to the register and I paid for the items then I headed to the bank to have them change my credit cards. Walking down the road my body was on high alert like it had been since we got to my apartment. 

     It took a while to get to the bank by walking but it was because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being followed. Walking inside I waited to go to a counter. I finally walked up to one talking to them. It was a while as they changed everything and they gave me cash that I asked for just to be safer. I thanked them before walking out and back to the apartment.

           I walked up the stairs and inside the apartment and I glance around and I noticed the note was gone but i could smell something being cooked. I had forgotten that I didn't eat breakfast and i walked to the kitchen to see Bucky making scrambled eggs and toast. I smiled walking over to him.

    " Morning. I got hair dye for me and I thought we could cut our hair for a change. Although I will miss your hair" 

   He chuckled turning to me " Sounds good to me. That's a shame." He dished a plate for me and set it on the table " I doubt you ate breakfast"

   I smiled a bit " how could you tell" I laughed a little setting the grocery bag down on the counter sitting at the table as Bucky dished himself a plate and sat across from me.

   We ate our food talking about what we were gonna do today and we decided to stay home to collect out thoughts and relax for a bit but I did say that I needed to see my father some point in the future and he agreed with me. We cleaned up our dishes and we made out way to the bathroom to cut our hair and dye mine.

   I started by cutting Bucky's hair. I was gonna miss it but he looked hot with short hair. It was short on the sides and kinda long on the top. I kissed his forehead before he left the room finished. I started cutting my hair next. It turned into a pixie cut just above my ears. Next was to dye it. Pulling out the dye I started applying it to my hair. After some time I finished and I put a bag over my head to let it sit and I walked around the apartment. I cleaned up a bit walking around before stopping seeing Bucky on the couch watching the tv intensely. I giggled a little at it but I turned away smiling hearing my timer going on and I grabbed fresh clothes and I walked to the bathroom again. 

    I washed out all the dye and I was kinda shocked at the difference but I liked it. The color suited my face. Putting on my clothes and drying my hair I walked to  Bucky who was still on the couch. I sat next to him and he unconsciously wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.

  " I like it" he says quietly looking at me and I smile.

  " I like it too" I said laying my head onto his shoulder looking at the tv.

        We both relaxed. It felt like it had been forever since we had felt safe and no one could touch us. Just for today we didn't have to worry about being attacked or stalked. Just a small break in a ocean of chaos. Only him and me. We watched the tv for a long time not even really caring what was on just that we needed each other. Doesn't matter that we didn't speak to each other. We had a blanket covering us cuddling together.

      We made lunch then returned back to the couch to watch tv. We loved being in each others presence.  It was calming for both of us. We needed it. Neither of us were thinking about what was gonna happen tomorrow or the next day. Both of us were right here not moving but relaxed.

    I think we might have fallen asleep at some point but I cant remember. All I remember was the heat from his body as I snuggled into him. We both didn't have nightmares as we slept side by side. We were in totally peace