2

Despite having the room to yourself, Haechan would crawl in the middle of the night, sneaking under your comforter to hold you close, lying that he was scared to sleep when it was thunderstorm outside.

He knows you would not argue about having him beside you, he keeps you cozy at night and his steady heartbeats are so calm, signaling he is deep in sleep.

But here you are, wide awake and admiring his features when he has his arms wrapped around you. How can someone be so handsome?

Unknowingly, you trace your fingertips on his face slowly.

You trace your fingertips on his eyebrows, down to his nose, and stop when they reach the bottom of his lips, caressing it using your thumb.

You sigh, suddenly blaming your period for releasing their hormone now. You want to peck his lips so much but you don't want to disturb his peaceful sleep.

He was away for 2 months and it's the first night after his long trip. You would say you are taking a picture of him sleeping peacefully in your mind so you remember.

Thanks to the dimly lit moonlight, you could make out his features well.

You felt his arms tighten around you and you smile, knowing he is awake but drowsiness is still in him. You inch closer to him as you place your lips on his forehead, giving it a quick kiss. "Good night, hyuck"

-

You yawned, suddenly feeling bored by the lecturer explaining the topic. You turned to the boy who sits next to you, "Jaemin, do you have any sweets?"

He turns to you, chuckling when he notices how hard you try to not sleep in the class. He rummages his bag for a sweet and passes it to you and continues taking notes.

You have Jaemin in almost all your classes since both of you are taking the same program while Jeno and Renjun are stuck together in another university nearby. Mark is always unavailable when it comes to hanging out as he has to take care of his father's music academy.

Finally, the class ends and all of you decided to have lunch together today at Jeno's mother's restaurant since it is nearby to celebrate Jeno's birthday and Haechan's free schedule.

From far, you spotted Haechan leaning against the wall, waiting for you. Haechan looks up from his phone and greets you with his beautiful smile before smiling at the other three.

"Why didn't you wait inside, it's hot," Jeno fanned himself. "You know how your mother adores me so much, I would probably be full by the time you arrive," Haechan grins. Jeno chuckled at that, lowkey agreeing.

"Come on, I'm hungry!" Jaemin dragged Renjun inside as Jeno follows. Haechan looked at you, smiling "Had a great day, beautiful?" He said as he tugs a hair behind your ear, making you blush.

You swear this reaction only comes because you are going through the time of the month.

"Oh, shut up. You don't know the struggle to stay awake," You rolled your eyes playfully before walking inside, being greeted by Jeno's mother.

Jeno probably had told his mother that all of us are coming since the table is full of feast. Jeno's sister comes out with a birthday cake as all of you sing along.

"Happy Birthday Lee Jeno!"

Everyone claps when he blows the candle off after whispering some wishes to himself. Jeno's family went back to their busy restaurant while we had the feast to ourselves. Laughing and talking about what had happened.

"Jeno would probably get a girlfriend soon," Renjun teases, telling everyone that Jeno has a crush and he just recently found out his crush likes him back. Jeno was a blushing mess, but decided to play it cool by shoving the cake in Renjun's mouth.

"Wait, did Haechan ask you out yet?" Jeno asks, now all eyes on Haechan and you. You turned to Haechan, he nervously rubbed his nape, you saw how he was uncomfortable with the sudden question.

"Well, we don't have to do that, both of us know how we felt," You declared, patting his lap to tell him that it's okay.

After all this push and pull, flirting, and being comfortable around each other, both of you never made it clear. That you are an item but without making it official, it's comfortable for both of you since both already know how you feel about each other.

You understand Haechan is never good at confessing about his feelings and Haechan too, understands that you are awkward to bring up this topic. You are okay with this way and are silently agreeing about this way.

But the other boys don't agree about how you are taking things in your hands.

"Haechan-ah, what would a man be without braving himself to make things official?" Renjun chuckles. Renjun would take this matter as a joke but you know Haechan would probably get offended by Renjun's remark.

"I think it's not your problem," Haechan's voice was annoyed. He gulps down a glass of soju, and all of them get the signal that it is not the time to joke around. Haechan was irritated. Immediately, they change the topic.

You look at Haechan as he gulps another glass. You tap his knee, and he turns to you, "Are you okay? Do you want to take some fresh air?"

In moments, you saw how his gaze changes from annoyed to relieved. He nodded, taking your hand in his as he dragged you out from the restaurant and to the park in front. He was silent until both are settled down on the bench.

"Look, Yoojin. I am so-"

"It's okay, Haechan. I understand. We don't have to take their words seriously. I know how you feel, you know how I feel. That's what matters."

Haechan's small smile made your day brighter, he knows how much he meant to you and that's good enough for you.

"I swear, when I'm ready, I'll make you the happiest girl in the world," Haechan said, intertwining your hands and kissing the back of your hand, making you laugh at his act.

I hope you know that I am already happy with us right now.

🌻🌻

hello :) how was your day?

There are some parts that I have written so far about how I feel and what I want, since this is the only way I can express myself.

Thank you for leaving a good and motivational comment :) they really help me out these few days when I don't think I am appreciating myself.