6

You heaved a relief sigh as you handed the last assignment to your lecturer. Jaemin was waiting for you outside the hall, so that you can grab dinner together.

Haechan had texted you that he will not be home for dinner so Jaemin kindly offered to buy you dinner. Once Jaemin spotted you walking out from the class, he saw how happy your face was. He knows you were very stressed since you weren't that fond of the topic you were given a task.

Jaemin pulls your bag making you jerked backward since you didn't notice he was there. Jaemin snickered looking at you frowning at him but he took off your bag and slung it on his shoulder, carrying it for you before walking side by side with you.

"What do you want to eat?" Jaemin asks.

"I want to eat everything!" You exclaimed, making it obvious you are over the moon that you already handed the assignment, and summer break starts. Jaemin laughs along, "Are you that happy?"

You smiled, "Of course! We are going to a summer trip together and plus Mark will come too, which make it better since we haven't been able to spend time together,"

"Then, let's go eat pizza and go buy some groceries. I am in charge of the food. Oh my gosh, speaking of which, can you imagine all of you putting the responsibilities to cook for all 6 of us for three days and two nights on me?! I mean I'm not complaining because my cooking is delicious but-"

Jaemin's voice becomes thin air when you start daydreaming about the trip. You have had all the activities planned out because you are very excited about it and thanks to nice Renjun, he rented a penthouse for the trip.

Arriving at the Pizza Hut, you ordered 2 servings of your favorite Hawaiian Chicken and Jaemin just paid for the both of you. While waiting, you scrolled down your phone to list things you needed to bring.

"Did Haechan say anything to you?" Jaemin asked but without looking away from your phone, you just shook your head, "Aside from saying he'll not be home for dinner,"

You heard the blue-haired boy sigh, "Not any other things? Like anything related to his position in his father's company?" You put down your phone, changing your focus on him. "What?"

Is that why he cried the other day? But why Haechan wouldn't tell you about it? And why would he apologize to you for it?

Once Jaemin saw you frowning, he quickly dismissed your curiosity, and thanks to the waiter coming to serve you the pizza, he acted like nothing happened.

You stared at Jaemin, "Nana, if you are going to spill something, spill the whole story," Jaemin looks at you, it scared him when you called him 'Nana' with that look on your face.

"I guess, it's not my place to tell you," Jaemin looks away from you, avoiding your intense gaze.

--

You made sure you have packed everything in your small carrier as you checked again and again. You even brought some games from Jisung's bedroom so they wouldn't stick to their phones when boredom knocks on them.

You look at the clock, and realize it is almost midnight when you heard Haechan at the front door. You peaked over at him who was pouring himself a glass of water. "Hey, you're home," You said, making sure he noticed you.

Haechan put down his glass and walked over to you as he smiles, a tired smile on his face. Your mind wandered at what Jaemin said earlier. Is that why he always looks tired?

Haechan quickly placed his hands on your waist, staring at your face. "I have always been dreaming about this in my younger days. What would it be to be greeted home after a long day? Glad I have the answer now," He grins, making you chuckle too.

Of course, you wouldn't tell about how your heart flutters at his words.

"Did something happen at work today?" You asked him as he rocks both side to side. You could see the glimpse of guilt in his eyes but it was very quick when he wraps his arms around you and hides his face in the crook of your neck.

"Everything's fine, I'm just tired,"

You sigh, you know he's been hiding something but you couldn't understand why.

You pulled away from him and dragged him to sit on the sofa. You faced him, hands interlacing with each other.

"I know something's up, you have been so out of character these few days," You rub his knuckles with the pad of your thumb. "Remember that you once said no secrets between us and we'll go through this together? What happened to that?" You tilt your head to one side, looking at him

Haechan looks at you in the eyes, sighing before looking down at his lap. "You sure do spend a lot of time observing me didn't you?" Haechan took a breath before continuing,

"I'm really sorry that I can't join you tomorrow. I know how hard you were arranging this trip so all of us can go. But hey! I'll make sure I'll be there by dinner," Haechan said, nervously laughing as he looks at your reaction.

He swore he could cry looking at your disappointed expression, but you are fast to cover it with a smile. "Oh really? Well, don't- don't worry about it. You must be really busy. Just promise to come that night," You held out a pinkie, and he smiles, linking in your pinkie with him.

You wanted to ask him, what happened and why all of sudden when you had been planning this for three weeks and you made sure that everyone cleared up their schedule.

But you decided not to make him feel guilty over your petty tantrums.

As long as you are really okay, I'm fine

🌻🌻

hi :) have a nice day!

Drink lots of water and do exercises!

Always be healthy! Love you ❤