10

You could see the nervousness in Haechan as he leaned against the wall,  biting his nail. Both of you are still waiting in front of the operation room as his dad is still in there by the time we arrived.

The older man, which you assumed Haechan's father's secretary bought a cup of coffee for both of you. Though the secretary keeps giving you glances, you ignored him and just stood next to Haechan.

Haechan had calmed down after a while, remembering that both of you had skipped dinner, Haechan dragged you to the hospital's cafe and settled next to you with your food. You stared at him as he scoop the rice in his mouth, he was lost in his thoughts.

What is bothering him? Why won't he tell me. No, no he'll tell when he's ready

Haechan sighed, and then finally he looked up to you , noticing that you haven't touched your food. He pulled out a small smile, telling you that he's okay.

"Eat," Haechan motioned to your untouched food, but you just shook your head. He understands why. Of course he knows, why else would you follow him to the hospital. You want to know what's going on.

You grabbed his hand that was rested on the table, caressing your thumb on his knuckles.

"Are you okay?" You raised a brow. Haechan once again smiled but it was fast to fade as he lowered his head, releasing a shaky breath.

"Why are you always so nice to me," you heard Haechan whispers and that left you confused. Haechan looked up to look at your face and you could see the tears in his eyes and you panicked, "Hey, why are you crying again," You reach out to him, giving him a hug as he snuggles in your neck.

He would always snuggle in your neck when he's upset, it was the most comfortable place when hugging you and he likes how it makes him feels, he feels at home.

You pat his back, "I will always be here for you. You did the same to me too."

You heard his sobs and that panicked you more, you pulled away to look at him in the eyes as you cupped his soft cheeks. Your heart clenched when you see the guilt in his eyes. His actions are just confusing you even more.

"Don't leave me, Park Yoojin"

The secretary called Haechan to inform him that his dad is in the ward and he's already awake.

You were nervous to meet Haechan's dad for the second time. The first time wasn't a pleasing meet, you wondered what his dad would think of you. You had refused and suggested that you'll just wait at the lobby,  but Haechan pulled you with him by the wrist.

"Is it her?" Haechan's dad eyes were fierce despite just being awake from the surgery. You quickly bowed to him.

"I am Park Yoojin, nice to meet you,"

Haechan was shocked, he didn't expect you to greet his dad. His head turned to his dad, seeing how he just stared at the girl, scared him too.

"I know, you are the girl that my son likes," His dad just sighs. Haechan noticed the tension in the air and he asked you to go refill a bottle of water for his dad and you obeyed.

You still wondered why his father would collapse suddenly and received an operation. Haechan didn't tell you yet. You stopped on your tracks before opening the door to Haechan's dad's ward.

"The arranged marriage will be ongoing no matter what,"

Your heart clenched. So, I did hear Mark right.

"I can run the company alone, I'll have Yoojin by my side to support me. Please, dad."

"It was just in time, Haechan. Their company needed our help too and we'll reciprocate. Nothing to lose,"

"Then, what will happen between me and Yoojin?"

"Both of you are just young love. You'll get over it soon. Trust me, Joo Hee is a good match for you too,"

Your lips trembled and your heart just shattered into pieces. You slowly walk to the seats, trying to calm yourself as you wait for Haechan to finish discussing with his dad.

It will be best for him if I just let him go, right? I am just an obstacle for him. Everything's going to be fine if I let him go.

You were on the verge of tears but you quickly wiped it away, afraid Haechan will see you. You are not going to let him know that you know about his arranged marriage.

You look up at a shadow hovering you, Haechan. He was wearing a smile but a sad one. You could see his eyes were red.

He would stop crying when I let him go, right?

"I was wondering where you were," Haechan said as he sat next to you. "You both looked like in a serious discussion, I don't want to interrupt," You smile back at him, trying to mask your sadness. Haechan went pale as his eyes widened, "Did you hear us?"

He doesn't want me to be sad too.

"Of course not. You might be bragging to your dad about how you drove here all the way from Gangneung which is two hours and I'm tired of your bragging," You joked, as the color on his face returned and he chuckled, ruffling your hair.

"I might need to stay here for the night, I'll call the taxi for you. The house is just 10 minutes away from here," Haechan said, as he stared longer in your eyes. You love it when he stares at you like this, his eyes still telling you that he adores you.

But I have to let you go soon.

You nodded, "Alright, Call me if you need anything."

Haechan sent you off and you waved to him.

Your heart breaks as you look at him for the last time before the taxi pulls away. You love this boy too much and you know you'll have to go through a rough time, moving on from him.

Just at the thought hurting you. You couldn't even see your life without him. He was already there when you entered middle school. How would you live without him?

He was the sunshine to your rainy days.

He was the reason you have lived easily now.

He was your missing puzzle piece and without him you won't feel complete.

You covered your mouth with your sleeve, suppressing the cries. Not wanting the taxi driver to be concerned about you.

I love him too much to let him go easily.

🌻🌻

Hey! How you feel after watching Ridin?

What's your favourite track on the album? Mine is 7 Days but everything is great!

Make sure to stream it!!

And stay healthy!