16

i wanted to release it tonight but i'm too eager and i don't have patience after seeing your reaction. i'm sorry i laughed too much. stay healthy and i love you!

🌻🌻

Haechan drove off into the McDonald's drive-thru for breakfast. He doesn't dare to leave the car and leave you sleeping in there. He's afraid if somebody is tracking them and he ain't gonna take a risk.

You woke up to Haechan ordering from the machine, very loud, as you rubbed your eyes, looking around for any sign of your location. Haechan turned back at you and he smiled, noticing you are awake. "Morning beautiful!" Haechan beamed as he slowly drove forward to the pickup section.

He passes you the food before driving off from the McDonald, looking at the beach and signboard, you realize you are at Sokcho. "Haechan, where are we going?" You asked with a groggy voice which made Haechan chuckled lightly, finding it cute.

"Let's have breakfast at the Port LightHouse! I heard it's really pretty there!" Haechan said in excitement. You chuckled at him, he must have googled it while you were sleeping.

You gasp in awe as you look at the view, you have only seen this place in dramas and now you can't believe you are seeing them with your own two eyes. Haechan giggled at your reaction, he parked the car near the tower since nobody's around. Still early.

He brought out the food outside and both of you settled down, having the sea for the view. You inhale the morning oxygen, feeling fresh from the sleep you got. You munch onto the burger while Haechan slurps the porridge he ordered.

"It's a date today!" Haechan looked at you smiling, his eyes crinkled.

You chuckled at him, he's already happy with just this simple date. Your phone buzzed, signaling Jisung calling and you immediately answered it.

You jumped when you heard him screaming, showing off his trophy. "Noona!!! First place, first place!" You could see the phone shaking due to Jisung's excited jump. You laughed heartily and Haechan also clapped for him.

"Congrats kid!!" Haechan said, and at the sound of Haechan's voice, Jisung stopped, looking into the phone to look at Haechan. "Hyung,"

Jisung suddenly stopped being excited and you know why. He seems like he doesn't trust you in Haechan's care anymore.

"What?" Haechan said, slurping the porridge. "You are going to get scolded when I'm home later," Jisung faked an angry face which made you chuckle. You know Jisung is trying to be serious but he couldn't hide the fact that he is happy at the moment.

"Nothing to worry, Jisung-ah! We are good!" You said. "Oh, I am going to the airport later and have a late dinner there. I'm coming home!" Jisung cheered, wiping his sweat using a tissue.

"Jisung-ah, Jeno will pick you up later, so give him a call" You said, earning glances from Haechan.

"Why? I want to see you faster!" Jisung whined.

"I'm away for a while. Oh please Jisung, believe me Jeno misses you the most." You giggled and you saw the little boy pouting.

You heard an older boy calling Jisung to hurry up and Jisung immediately hung up the call after saying he can't wait to hug you and he loves you.

You then turn on the camera, taking some selfies of you with the magnificent view while Haechan pushes himself to be in the picture as well. You laugh, giving in as you take the selfie with Haechan. "I'm just going to send this to Jisung, he'll be dead jealous over the view here,"

After receiving a reply from Jisung, you put down your phone. Turning to Haechan who sipped the last drop of the porridge. "Have you decided where we'll stay?" You ask him and he nodded, "Mark has a family vacation house here,"

Your jaw dropped, "Did you get his permission?" and Haechan snickered at your reaction, "Of course! What do you take me for? You are really going to get surprised when we are there,"

Haechan then felt around his jeans pocket to find his phone so that he can show you how big the house is but he didn't feel anything and he remembered he charged his phone inside the car. "I'm going to get my phone in the car."

Haechan stood up and walked to his side of the car, grabbing his phone. Smiling when he noticed it was on a full battery and you have sent the photos to him.

Haechan let out a sharp gasp when he felt a gun pointing at the back of his head, his smile faded as he gulped. Shit, this can't be happening now.

"Hands up, get out of the car slowly." A man -who he recognizes the voice- Secretary Yoo threatened.

Haechan slowly raised his hands up, obeying him and Haechan looked for you but his eyes widened at the sight of two other muscular males holding you up. One had a gun pointed on your temple as the other one strangled your neck, as if he would choke you if you were being out of control.

He saw your eyes were teary, scared of what would happen but once both of you made eye contact, you tried pulling a smile, telling him you are okay.

"Your dad found out that the girl's family would be a bad reputation for the company. Can you imagine what the news will say once they found out you are dating people like her?"

His chest tightened looking at your face, "Let her go, I'll come back with you. Please," He saw how your lips quivered.

"I've been given orders and I have to obey. My family's on the line too," Secretary Yoo said, he sounded hurt. Haechan knows Secretary Yoo is a good man but his dad made him into this evil creature.

"I'm sorry, Haechan." He felt like crying hearing those words. He was trying to rake his brain to find something to do. Haechan was up to do anything to save you, to keep you safe in his embrace again. He gulped nervously as he smiled at you.

"Park Yoojin," Haechan's voice trailed off as a whisper when he felt Secretary Yoo taking his gun from his back pocket.

He saw the tears flowing down your cheeks, "Hae-haechan-ah" You called him out softly, but your voice was shaky, terrified written all over your face.

Now or never, Lee Haechan. He whispers to himself.

He turned around, trying to grab his gun from Secretary Yoo as both of them fought on the ground. He heard you screaming his name as you tried breaking free from the guys' grip, trying to help him.

You stopped when you heard they pulled off the safety.

You wanted nothing but Haechan to be safe and suddenly Jisung flashed in your mind. He'll be home tonight. Forgive me, Park Jisung.

Haechan got a grip of his gun, as he pushed down Secretary Yoo and aimed his gun at the man who's holding the gun on your temple but it was too late. His heart dropped in an instant and he stopped breathing.

He heard the gunshot. He saw your body being thrown down into the deep sea as the ocean water splashed onto the cement.

All he ever wished for was to live happily.

But his happiness was taken away, his happiness was you.