4

"Text me when you board the plane!" You wave your hand to Jisung, saying goodbye for the last time as Haechan drives the car away from the airport.

Since Haechan is a busy man now, he has decided to take a driver's license so it will be easier for him to go to work or sometimes pick you up from classes to have a date.

Slowly, you rolled up your window, heaving a sigh. Letting go of Jisung is hard but you have decided that it will be the best for him and plus, you'll get to spend your summer with your friends.

Haechan reaches out to your hand that was on your lap, eyes focusing on the road. "You did a great job letting him go," Haechan praised you, bringing your hand to his lips and kissing it.

"You are just happy Jisung is not on the radar anymore" You chuckle which made Haechan grins, "You are not wrong,"

"So where are we going now?"

"Are you free?" Haechan lets go of your hand as he places it back on the steering wheel, turning on the signal and making a right turn. "Yeah, I'm almost done with what I am up to,"

"Great then, I want to bring you to some places," Haechan eyes you for a second to look at your reaction, and when he saw you nodded, he turned his eyes back on the road.

Haechan was humming to the soft melody from the radio when he noticed that you are quiet and that's when he realized that your head was leaning against the window and sleeping.

Haechan grinned at the sight and he turned down the volume of the radio and drove carefully so you can rest for a while.

He knows you had many sleepless nights to finish the assignments and sometimes he would find you sleeping with your head resting on the coffee table at 4 am and he had to carry you to bed so you can sleep comfortably.

-

You tossed around in the seat, slowly opening your eyes to see the car is neatly parked. You turn to the empty driver's seat, realizing Haechan is not there, you rub your face with your palm to wipe away the drowsiness.

You look around, trying to figure out where you were and you notice the building in front, a funeral home. Before you could make out why you are here, Haechan had pulled your side's door and noticed that you were awake. "Oh, you're up, I went to the toilet for a while and wanted to wake you up after I'm done"

Haechan helps you out from the car as he carefully shuts the door back, locking it. "I thought it would be nice to see my mother with you," Haechan said.

Your heart softens, you remembered how Haechan would push his friends out on the funeral day because he doesn't want anyone to witness him crying over his mother, and now he's taking you to meet her.

"I'm glad you brought me here, I had been wanting to meet her," You flash a small smile, both of you walking inside the funeral home. Haechan showed you his mother's compartment and both of you paid your respect.

You look over at the pictures, showing young Haechan with his mother and pictures of Haechan all the way from kindergarden to high school and now he puts up a picture of him when he visited Japan with his dad for business matters.

"Mum, this is the girl I've been talking about. I bet you wanted to meet her so much and are relieved to have her beside me at all times."

You turn to Haechan, smiling as you wonder what Haechan talked to his mother about you but you decided to not ask about it. Haechan noticed you looking at him and he turned, signaling you to say something and you nodded, clearing your throat.

"You should be proud to have a son like Haechan. Honestly, he is the best with everything and you raised him well. He is loyal to his friends and always put us first before himself. Put your trust in me, I'll take care of him from now on." You finish off with a smile and Haechan grabbed your hand, intertwining it.

You made eye contact with him and you saw how his eyes twinkled in adoration. He adores you.

You let him have some alone time with his mother and waited in the car, scrolling through your phone when you received a text from Jisung.

From: mochissung
Noona~ I'm boarding!! Byebye ❤

You chuckle, you can feel how excited he is. You replied back to him with 'be safe' and turned off your phone.

You saw Haechan coming but his face was frowning as he talked to the phone. You wondered who just had to ruin his day, that you can see steam coming out from his ears. He leans against the car before ending the call and you saw him sighing, trying to calm himself.

Once he enters the car, he leans his head against the seat. You look at him, rubbing his arms, "What's wrong?"

Haechan just shook his head, quickly dismissed your question and he started the car, driving out from the parking lot "I really want to have a dinner date with you, but I guess I have an emergency meeting," Haechan said after a moment of silence.

Your heart sank at that, you were hoping to have a nice chat with Haechan after some days you spent on the laptop and Haechan understanding your situation. Maybe now, you should understand him and just have some instant noodles and then finish your assignment since you don't want to drag it on your summer break.

"It's okay, there will always have another time, Haechan," you smile, trying to let him know you are totally fine with it.

"I'll drop you home," Haechan sighs as he gives off an apologetic smile at you.

We will have the time to ourselves later. I just hope you are okay, Lee Haechan.

🌻🌻

hi hi :) you should have a nice day today!

drink lots of water, be healthy and enjoy yourself!!

this story will get more interesting, i tell you 😊