Chapter 2

Y/n's POV
The real Dracula quickly guided us up to his room and locked the door.
"Don't suck our blood!", Johnny yelled.
He had his arm in front of me as we backed into a wall. Dracula groaned and sat on his bed.

"I don't drink human blood. It's too fatty and you never know where it's been," he explained.
"Where else would it go?", I whispered to myself.

Johnny slowly lowered his arm and asked, "Do you really say, bleh, bleh, bleh?"
"I don't say, 'bleh, bleh, bleh'. I don't even know where that came from."

We sat on either side of him, not scared anymore. Johnny inspected his cape, while I shook my head at the Count's bad nail hygiene.

"Wow, so you're like, an actual vampire," Johnny observed.
"I just have to figure out a way to keep Marcus from seeing you," Dracula said to himself.
For some reason, I frowned at that.

Marcus' POV
I flew as a bat, up to my Dad's balcony and saw Dad and the two guests. I transformed into my human form, and started to walk over.
"Whoa...", the blue man exhaled.
The girl's eyes widened as she tried to suppress a smile.

"Marcus!"
"Hey, Dad. Who are they?"
Dad hesitated and said, "These are...your party planners!"
I looked at him confused. "You needed help?"
"Well, I thought, it'd be nice to have someone your age helping out."

"Really? You guys are my age?", I asked, excited.
"How old are you?", Johnny asked.
"118."
His eyes widened, but answered, "I'm 121."
I looked to the vampire and she answered, "119."
"Holy rabies! That's so cool!", I exclaimed with a grin.

Suddenly, a knight busted in.
"Sir, there's an emergency!"
I expected Dad to rush away and maybe I could've gotten some alone time with this beautiful vampire, but instead Dad merely waved him off.

"I'll get to it."
"Wow, Dad. Something goes wrong in your precious hotel and you aren't fixing it?", I asked.

I glanced over at the blue man messing with the knight and the vampire trying to make him stop.
"Is it because of them?", I whispered.
"N-no. It's not because of them."

"Dude, stop!", the girl whisper-yelled to her friend in the background.

"Why don't I keep them company, while you fix your problem then?", I protested.
"Because, then...they can't plan your party," Dad said.

I sighed and gave up.

"Maybe, after you're done...we can hang out," I suggested to her.
"Sure," they both responded, but immediately went back to their arguing over the knight.

Y/n's POV
When Marcus left, Dracula shut the door and said, "Okay, you're definitely not hanging out."
"But, the opposite you said."
I rolled my eyes at Johnny's tongue twisted sentence and followed Dracula through a secret passage.

As we went many ways and Johnny's questions about vampire lore, all I could think about was Marcus. Something happened when he saved me. I don't know what, but...some kind of spark happened between us. Not to mention, Marcus was incredibly hot. I smiled to myself as I thought about when Marcus looked at me.

"Y/n? Y/n!"

I snapped out of my thoughts when Johnny nudged me and realized that Dracula was gone.
"What?"
"You zoned out. Ya thinkin' about someone, Churro?", he teased.

I played it cool and retorted, "Ya thinkin' about someone other than your magazine cover?"
Johnny frowned defeated and playfully punched my arm.

I laughed and looked at a weird sight. Zombie Beethoven and zombie Mozart being beat up by a werewolf, Frankenstein's monster, and a plump mummy.

"Hey, I thought you were party planning?", a sudden voice asked.
Johnny jumped into my arms and yelped. I scoffed at Johnny embarrassing me and dropped him.

"Marcus, right?", I asked, changing the subject with a genuine smile.
"Yeah, my mom picked it."
"I like it. Marcus suits you," I said as I leaned against a wall.

Johnny rolled his eyes, while he picked himself off the cobblestoned floor, silently mocking me.

Marcus smirked and leaned in close, with his forearm resting above my head.
"And what's your name?", he lowly asked.
"Uhm...I swore I just remembered it two seconds ago...", I trailed off, getting lost in his blue eyes.

'Why is he so close...not that I'm complaining,' I thought.

His smirk grew and I could see his fangs. Fangs. He has fangs. He's a vampire. Suddenly, I snapped out of my trance.

"Y/n! My-My name is, Y/n," I nervously answered.

I glanced behind Marcus and saw Johnny narrow his eyes at him. I estimated that Johnny would go into big brother mode in six seconds. I looked back at Marcus and made my way back over to Johnny.

"Did I make you uncomfortable?", he asked.
"No, but you made Johnny mad," I laughed.

I hugged Johnny, who was still had his brown eyes narrowed at Marcus.
"Are you two-"

"Hey, Marcus!"

We all turned our heads and saw every monster and a very angry Dracula looking our way. Marcus grabbed my hand, his fingers making me shiver a bit. He led me over to the three monsters that were harassing the musicians earlier.

"Hi," someone said.
I looked around, but didn't see anyone.
"Over here, sweetie."
I stared in front of me and saw a pair of floating glasses.
"Oh my gosh...", I whispered.

"Isn't she pretty?", the werewolf complimented.
"Thanks."

Suddenly, Johnny started to dramatically act like Frankenstein's monster, who was getting slightly offended.
"Is he- is he making fun of me?", he asked.
"No no no. He's just a party planner," Dracula lied.
"And your right arm's cousin," I spontaneously added.

Dracula glared at me and I innocently grinned.
"Really? I didn't know you had a cousin," the stitched monsters said to his right arm.

Marcus' POV
As Dad and Johnny-stein began to tell the story of Uncle Frank's right arm, I glanced over at Y/n. She had a hand placed over her lips and seemed to be holding in a laugh. I smiled at her and put my arm around Y/n's shoulders. She looked up at me and relaxed in my embrace.

"Right, Y/n?", Johnny-Stein asked.
Y/n and I stopped our gaze and I removed my arm.

"I agree, but just to make sure you understand, say it again," Y/n said.
I chuckled as Johnny-Stein rolled his eyes.
"We would love to hear what they sound like, right Y/n?", he repeated.
"Oh! Definitely!"

• • •