Chapter 1 (second movie)

~Three Years Later~

Y/n's POV
"Gah! I'm so excited!", one of Johnny's cousins exclaimed.
"Oh, same!"
"Honestly, I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you, Y/n!"

I smiled as I slipped on my wedding dress, on the other side of the divider. I looked at myself in the mirror. I put a hand on my chest in an attempt to slow down my breathing, but started nervously laughing.

"Y/n, is everything okay?", one of Johnny's cousins, Lily asked.
"Um, yeah. No. No, everything is not okay! If it were okay, I would sound okay, but I don't sound okay, because I don't feel okay, because I'm not okay! Okay?!"

I heard all of them whispering and Wanda appeared.

"Hey, are y-"
She stopped talking when she saw me.
"Y/n, you look lovely."

"Wanda, I'm freaking out, right now," I said, wringing my hands.
"What's wrong?", Wanda asked.
"I-I don't think I can do this."
"But, you love Marcus."

"Of course, I do. There's no doubt about that. It's just that...my parent's marriage didn't really work out and I don't want nor have the time for heartbreak," I explained, sitting in a nearby chair.

Wanda sat next to me and held my arm.
"Sweetie, your parents were humans and they might have loved each other, they weren't in love. But, you and Marcus zinged. A zing is forever. You and Marcus will have a great marriage, I guarantee it."

I hugged her and sighed.
"I have one more question."
"Yes, dear?"
"Will you button me up?", I asked standing.
"Don't you want to wait for Linda?"

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips.
"I've lived with that woman for ten freaking years and I've known you for just four. You seem like more a mother to me than Linda will ever be."

Wanda smiled and buttoned me up.
"Thanks, Wanda."
I stepped into my heels and came out of the divider. Everyone squealed and I rolled my eyes.

Marcus' POV
As I helped Johnny with his tie, I asked, "You really think Y/n wants to marry me?"
"What? Of course she does. You're all she ever talks about. Why are you doubting?", Johnny asked.

I finished his tie and shrugged.
"I don't know. Her parents had a terrible marriage and even though she loves me-"

"Dude, she accepted your proposal, okay? You guys zinged, bro," Johnny said.
"Yeah, I guess you're right."
Dad flew into the room and said, "It's time."
I walked down the aisle and after a few minutes the doors opened to Y/n on Johnny's father, Mike's arm.

I grinned as she made eye contact with me.
Before Y/n took my hand, Mike hugged her and went to his seat. While the ceremony proceeded, Uncle Murray, Frank, and Griffin's loud sobbing made it impossible for anyone to hear.

Nonetheless, we finally got done with our vows and we could kiss. As we leaned in, a small, shrunken head got in between us. Y/n and I looked at Dad, annoyed and he gestured for us to keep it short and sweet. I lightly pecked Y/n's lips and everyone clapped.

• • •

Y/n's POV
At our reception, I lead Marcus over to Mike and Linda, so they could officially meet. Mike was the absolute best father figure I could ever hope for. He's kind, calm, patient, and very loving. Mike even let me call him, 'Dad' when I first moved in.

Linda on the other hand...she tends to be very rude without knowing it. She isn't a bad person or anything, just micro-aggressive and insensitive. That's why I dreaded Marcus meeting Linda.

"Y/n, we're so happy for you!", Linda said.
"Aw, that's so ni-"
"Because we thought you would always be on the road with Johnny and never find love," she interrupted me, laughing.
I fake smiled and refrained myself from punching her in the face...as usual.

Marcus cleared his throat, slightly annoyed too and introduced himself.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Marcus."
He firmly shook hands with Mike and half-heart heartedly with Linda.

"So, you're a lot older than Y/n?"
Mike lightly groaned and shook his head. "Linda."

"What? It's an observation," she said with a well-meaning grin.
I glanced up at Marcus's uncomfortable face and back at Johnny's parents.
"Marcus, can you..."
He nodded and kissed the back of my hand, before walking off.

I turned back to Linda and started to go off, but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak, Linda asked, "Why is your dress grey?"
I looked down at my wedding dress and said, "Because I like it...?"

Mike smiled, but Linda kept pushing.
"But, wouldn't your mom want you to be dressed in white?"
"Linda," Mike started.

I crossed my arms. "Mom just wanted to see me happy."
"...In grey?"

Mike grumbled and took my hand, leading me away. Once we were a bit far away, Mike hugged me.
"I'm so sorry."
I pulled away and sighed.
"It's whatever. It's just how she is," I said.

Mike smiled and whispered, "I'll try to keep Linda out of you and Marcus' hair."
I laughed as he kissed my cheek and left.

Just when I thought I had peace, two arms picked me up.
"Clumsy, put me down!"
I laughed as Johnny held me in his arms and he asked, "Why would I do that?"
"Because you'll fall, mess up my dress, and then I'd have to kill you."
Johnny carefully put me down and I smiled in victory.

"And you didn't want to follow the zombies on fire."
I chuckled, remembering our first encounter with the monster hotel.
"In my defense, they were people on FIRE."
"Your point?", Johnny genuinely asked.

I looked at my friend, wondering how his life would be if I didn't let him cheat off my test answers.
"I need to go find Marcus. Try to find someone to dance with," I said.
"See ya later, Churro."

I left to go find Marcus, but instead bumped into Drac.
"Hey."
"Y/n, how are you?"
"I'm great. Thanks, Drac."
"I have a question! Uhm, I mean, I have something to ask you."
I slightly titled my head. "Yes?"

"Will you and Marcus stay here or..."
"Oh, I thought he told you."

• • •

(A/n): I know Linda wasn't that extreme in the movie, but she's...something else. I hope you liked the dress I picked for this chapter.

Bye, my diamonds 💎