Chapter 4

Y/n's POV
"Wanna get on my back?", Marcus asked in a gentle voice.
"Sure."
I got on his shoulders and he held onto my thighs. Marcus carefully got into the water and we engaged in the chicken fight.

Eventually, it was me against Frank, so I put my arms up in defense and got off Marcus' shoulders. I swam to the hot tub part of the pool.

Marcus and I went for the same seat, but ended up with me accidentally sitting in his lap.
"Sorry," I said, embarrassed.
But, instead of Marcus looking at me weird, he shyly guided me back to his lap. We both looked at our away, them back into each other's eyes.

"Hey, um where are you from?", Marcus asked.
"I was originally born in (h/t), but moved to California when I was three," I said.
"What about you?", I joked.
"Well, I was born in Transylvania, but I ended up staying in Transylvania."
"Fascinating," I responded in mock surprise.

We both chuckled and Marcus started to lean in. I lightly gasped and stood up.
"What's wrong?"
"Johnny. He's either in a lot of danger or doing something stupid. Most likely both."

I've had this tingling in my knees, whenever Johnny is doing something stupid or in danger and the tingling never gave me a reason to doubt it. A faint yelling filled my ears and I looked up to see Johnny falling.
"Johnny!", I yelled.

The pool was being drained and I saw Dracula appear with a glob of green jello with eyes.
I ran over to Dracula and saw Johnny give me a thumbs up. I held up both of my middle fingers for scaring me and Dracula pushed me into the green jello, as well.

• • •

After we changed back into our normal clothes, Drac guided us out of his hotel, while ranting.

"Now I see why Marcus feels trapped," Johnny muttered.
"Whoa! I was thinking the exact same thing!", I exclaimed.

Johnny gasped and put our foreheads together. "Are we like, psychologically bonded?!"
"Dude! I think we are!"

Johnny and I laughed, but stopped when Drac turned us around and stared into our eyes.
"Leave and never speak of this place."

Johnny and I frowned.
"Wait, never come back to the hotel?", Johnny asked.

Dracula looked at us, confused and said, "That was supposed to hypnotize you, I looked straight into your eyes."
"Oh, it's probably my contacts. They help me see better. I can get it for you."
Drac cringed and looked at me as Johnny tried to get his contacts out.

"What's your excuse?"
"I'm almost never paying attention to anything you're saying. I was looking at that bush behind you and playing the classic Looney Toons intro song in my head. Wanna hear?"
I started to loudly hum the song as Drac covered his ears and groaned.

"NEVER COME BACK OR I'LL SUCK YOUR BLOOD!", Dracula yelled.
Johnny fell back on his butt, while I was frozen in fear.

"Y/n...I'm scared," Johnny said in a shaky voice.
"Same. Come on, Clumsy."
"Right behind you, Churro."

Marcus' POV
As I frantically tried to find Y/n and Johnny, I heard weird karate noises, through the fog. I flew down and saw Johnny yelling.

"Then I would've gave him a HI-YAH! But, he was lucky, I didn't-"
Y/n gently grabbed his face and calmly said, "My dear Jonathan, please shut the fuck up."

I laughed and fluttered around Johnny's head.
"Ah! Don't suck my blood!", he yelled and jumped into Y/n's arms.
"When did we turn into Shaggy and Scooby?", Y/n asked.
"You're not Shaggy. You're a Scooby... snack," he joked.
She groaned and dropped him, again.

I changed into my human form and sat on a nearby gravestone.
"Hey," I said.
Y/n sweetly smiled and waved. "Hi."
"Hello," Johnny greeted, while his face was in the ground.

I like Johnny, but I hardly paid him any mind when I saw Y/n's face.
"Want to see something cool?", I asked.
"Sure. Y/n, you in?", Johnny responded.

She put a hand on her hip and said, "I-I don't know..."
"Are you sure? It'll be fun," I said in a mischievous tone.
"Okay."
Y/n shrugged her shoulders and caught up to Johnny and I already walking.

After I helped Johnny onto the roof, I hesitated when helping Y/n. Her deep (e/c) eyes, enchanted me. She smirked and softly said, "Marcus..."
"Yeah?"
"Can you please give me a hand?"
I nervously cleared my throat and pulled her up.
"Thanks. Wow, this is cool."

I sat down with my knees close to my chest and sadly smiled at the rising sun.

"This is a great view," Johnny observed.
"Wait, won't you get burnt?", I asked Y/n.
She turned around and the sun perfectly outlined her figure.
"I...I'm mixed. My father is a vampire and my mother was a human," Y/n explained.

I looked away from her and frowned.
"Lucky."

She took my hand and led me behind the chimney, but angled me so I could still see the gorgeous rising sun. Besides Y/n, I've never seen anything so beautiful. The sun was so full of life and the smooth blend of orange and pink with blue and purple was incredible. I felt her tug on my shoulder a bit to pull me back as the sun rose higher.

Johnny's voice cut through the serene silence, "Y/n, maybe we should le-"
A snap of wood made me turn around to see Johnny has fallen through a hole.
"Johnny?!", Y/n called after him.
We looked through the hole and saw him in the arms of my dad. Shoot.

Y/n's POV
"Come on," Marcus said.
"Where are we going?"
"Away from my dad."
He picked me up and carried me down the side of the hotel and into a dark room.
"What's this place?", I asked.
"My bedroom. It was the first place I could think of."

Marcus turned on his lamp and the room was actually decent. It was dark and cold, yet spacious and comforting.

"Make yourself comfortable."

I sat on the edge of his bed and Marcus sat down next to me before asking, "Can I ask you something?"
I nodded. "Shoot."
"I get why you call Johnny 'Clumsy', but why does he call you, 'Churro'?"

I was dreading this moment, nevertheless, I still decided to answer.

"Oh boy. When Johnny and I were twelve, we went to the skate park we were always at, this teenager came up to me and we started flirting and stuff. The dude and I walked to a street corner and got two churros. We walked back to the park and Johnny landed on his butt, making me laugh. But, I ended up spitting the churro all over the really hot guy."

Marcus laughed and I lightly hit his arm.
"So, he calls me Churro," I finished.

"What should I call you?", Marcus muttered, looking at me.
"How about-"
"Girlfriend."

I froze before nervously laughed, a little thing I usually do when I'm put on the spot or I've done something wrong.

"Wh- what?"

• • •