Chapter 4

(A/N: Sorry, in advance, if you have really really short hair. Like, close-shaven. This is an x reader and I want to be inclusive to all races, body types, and hair types...but, imma need you to use your imagination for a little bit. Sorry, thank you, love you, byeee❤️)

• • •

Marcus' POV
"MARCUS, COME HERE!", Y/n yelled.
Dad and I hurried to Dennis' room and saw
Y/n holding two-year-old Dennis.

"Dennis said his first word," Y/n said.
She grinned and whispered to Dennis, "Go on. Tell them, what you told me."

His big blue eyes focused on us and he opened his mouth.
"Bleh, bleh, bleh."
I burst out laughing and looked at Dad's disappointed face.

"Bleh bleh bleh."
"Where did he learn that?", asked Dad looking at Y/n.
She just shrugged while Dennis lightly tugged on her hair.
"Bleh bleh bleh."

Dad groaned and lifted Dennis' upper lip.
"What are you doing?", Y/n asked.
Dad retracted his finger and sheepishly grinned.
"Nothing."

Dennis peeked at Dad over Y/n's shoulder and repeated, "Bleh bleh bleh."
"We get it kid, you can talk," he said, annoyed.
He left the room and Y/n cradled him.

"Bleh bleh bleh," she softly whispered.
"I knew it was you!", said Dad reappearing on the ceiling.

                      //Three years later//

As Y/n was combing her (h/l) hair, I stepped out of the shower with a towel around my waist. I brushed my fangs and suddenly thought about Dennis and how he got a little bruise, by rough housing with Wade's kids.

"Sweetie, do you think Dennis is...safe?", I called from the bathroom.

I heard Y/n's soft footsteps and she appeared against the doorway.
"What do you mean? What happened? Is he okay?", she quickly asked.
I chuckled at her worried face and put a hand on her cheek.
"No, I'm just asking, my love."

She sighed, in relief until she noticed my lack of clothes. She smirked and stepped closer to me. Once she was in between me and the bathroom sink, she trailed a hand down my stomach.
"Well, he tends to get hurt, sometimes...but I think he's fine."
I frowned and slightly shook my head.
"I'm worried for him," I said.
Y/n hugged me and I stroked her hair in thought.

"Maybe, we should move to California. Where you and Johnny grew up," I softly suggested.

Y/n's POV
I pulled away from Marcus and nervously bit my lip.
"What?"
"Marcus, Dennis is happy here and all of his family's here," I said.
"But, it isn't safe here for him."
"Well, it's not always and I do agree that maybe a slight change might be good for him, but-"

"Then, it's settled," Marcus interrupted, getting dressed.
I gripped my comb, because he knows I hate when people interrupt me.
"Marcus, I wasn't do-"
"You hear that? It sounds like music in Dennis' room," he said.
"Wha-"

He zoomed away, making my hair blow in his direction and the bathroom door close on it. I gasped and tried to pull it out the door. I tried to open the door, but it was locked from the outside. I growled and decided to just stand there.

"This is a new low point for me."

Marcus' POV
I knew I shouldn't have interrupted and ignored Y/n, but moving is what's best for our son. I can't let him get hurt, anymore.

When I got to Dennis' room, Dad and Dennis were doing the worm on the floor.
"Dad, what are you doing?", I asked picking Dennis up.
"We were just dancing."

I put him in his bed and gestured to Dennis' schedule hanging on the wall.
"He needs sleep, Dad."
"Sleep? But, what about the wolf pups' birthday party, tonight? He won't want to miss that," Dad protested.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.
"I love the wolf pups too, but they can be a bit rough with Dennis."
"That's how they play. Do you want Dennis to grow up away from monsters?"

"I LOVE MONSTERS! Video, video!", he yelled.
I laughed and went to get his Cakie Monster videotape. We all sat down in front of the TV and I put the tape in.

I glanced over at Dad and saw his quick descent into disappointment.
"A monster who shares is a monster who cares," Dennis quoted along with Cakie.

Dad groaned and turned off the TV. He picked up Dennis to put him back to bed.
"Let me tell you about real monsters. Werewolves, zombies, witches, ghouls."
I laughed and shook my head.

"He's five, don't push it. Twinkle twinkle little star-"
"Remember the lullaby I used to sing to you? What's wrong with; Suffer suffer, scream in pain. Blood is spilling from your brain."
"Dad..."
"It helped you sleep. Come on, sing it with me."

I rolled my eyes, but reluctantly joined him.
"Zombies gnaw you like a plum, piercing cries and you succumb."
Surprisingly, I fell asleep and heard Dad softly say, "Still works."

Y/n's POV
"I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah," I sang tired.
I heard the bedroom door open and I knocked on the bathroom door.
"Y/n?", Marcus's voice called from the bedroom.
"No, it's Daffy Duck. Yes, it's me. Open the door please, my hair got caught," I said.

I heard the locks turn and the door hitting the back of my head, making my face slam into the stone wall.
"Holy rabies! Y/n, are you okay?!", Marcus asked.
I held my nose in pain, while Marcus helped me up.
"I'm so sorry!"
I felt tears coming, but tried to hold them in.

Marcus removed my hand and his eyes widened.
"What? Is it broken?", I asked.
"No, but there's a lot blood."
He left to get tissues, so I dared to look in the mirror, grimacing.

Marcus came back in. He pulled a tissue from the tissue box and sat me on the toilet, tilting my head up a bit.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen," Marcus apologized while blotting my nose.

"It's okay, we both tend to be clumsy. But, it doesn't warrant you ignoring me earlier. What was that about?", I asked.
Marcus got a new tissue and said, "I want Dennis to be safe. If he even gets close to having a scar on his body..."

I nodded. "I understand, honey. I really do. It's just that, moving for us will be easy. Dennis on the other hand, well, he loves this place. I want my baby to be safe, but also happy."

Marcus looked down, in thought and I took the tissue from him to let him think.

• • •