Chapter 5

Y/n's POV
A few minutes after the whole bathroom fiasco, I laid down in bed and started to close my eyes. But, Marcus gently shook me awake, making me open my eyes.

I looked up at him and asked, "Is Dennis hurt?"
"No."
"Is the hotel burning down?"
"Uh...no."
"Did you have a nightmare?"
"Nope."
"How many hours of sleep have I been getting since Dennis was born?"
"Three."
I gestured him closer and put a hand on his cheek.
"Then...WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

Marcus flew back and asked, "Do you want to take Dennis to the wolf pups' birthday party with me?"
I put my face in my pillow and whined.
"Nooo..."
"Come on. Please?"
"Humans actually need sleep, honey," I said, "We don't both need to be there."

"Mommy, are you ready?"
I raised my head and saw Dennis in the doorway. I got up and said, "In a second, baby."
Dennis smiled and I seemed to forget about sleep.
"You're evil," I whispered to Marcus. He kissed my cheek, making it harder for me to be mad.

• • •

When Dennis, Marcus, and I arrived to the pups' party, Dracula zoomed over to us and smiled.
"I thought you didn't want to bring Dennis."
Marcus shrugged and said, "You were right. I was just being overprotective."

The ground rumbled and all of Wade's wolf pups came in our direction. I picked Dennis up, so he wouldn't be crushed and set him back down.

Suddenly, Winnie tackled Dennis and licked his face.
"Zing zing, Dennis!"
"Hi, Winnie," Dennis laughed out.
"This is too cute," I commented.
Marcus smiled, but was still tense.

Wanda came over and sprayed Winnie with a spray bottle. Winnie whimpered and got off Dennis.
"Sorry, Marcus and Y/n," Wanda apologized.
"It's all good. They're adorable. They remind me of Johnny and I when we were younger," I said.

"You and Johnny liked each other?", Marcus asked.
"Eh, the feelings quickly went away when we hit sixteen, yeah."
"Really?", asked Drac.
I looked at all three of their dumbfounded faces and said, "Obviously, not anymore."

(A/n: When Mavis starts to ruin the wolf pup's party, it makes me cringe, so sorry but I'm rushing through it)

All of a sudden, Marcus got excited at different little kid activities and Drac encouraged him.

Marcus started beating the crap out of a piñata as candy fell out, but he stopped the ground rumbled again.

"CANDY!!!"

I saw the swarm of wolf puppies heading for Dennis.
"DENNIS!"

I started running and threw myself over Dennis, just in time and wrapped my arms around him. I was run over by many claws, teeth, and paws, but Dennis was okay.
When they were gone, I unwrapped my arms and looked for any injuries on him.

"Dennis, are you okay?!", Marcus asked.
Dennis just smiled and pulled out a loose tooth.
"When did that come out?!", Drac exclaimed snatching Dennis from me.
He inspected his mouth and Marcus and I rolled our eyes.

I tried to stand up, but my arm started to hurt too much to even move. I looked at my arm and saw a huge gash, probably caused by a claw. Marcus helped me up for the second time tonight and gasped once he saw my giant cut.

"Mommy, are you hurt cebause of me?", Dennis asked.
"No, it's not your fault. It's the mean piñata's fault," I partially lied.

Marcus wrapped his sweater around my arm and tightened it.
"Ow..."
"Sorry. Maybe this is a good chance to tell you that, we've been thinking about moving to where Y/n grew up, in California."
I grabbed Dennis's hand with my good arm and made our way to the car, so Marcus and Drac could have some privacy.

Marcus' POV
"Son-"
"I'm sorry Dad, but even you can't turn someone into a monster when they're not."

I got in the car and saw Y/n in the passenger side, looking at me with a judgmental expression. I glanced back at Dennis and he had the same face.
"What?"
Y/n faced forward and said, "Nothing."
"Dennis, what's wrong?", I asked.
He faced the back of Y/n's seat and copied, "Noffing."

• • •

When Y/n had her wound stitched up and I put Dennis to bed, Y/n came in our room with her left upper arm wrapped. She looked me up and down, before crossing her arms.

"So, we're definitely moving now?", Y/n asked.
"I said that we're thinking about it," I corrected.
She sat down on our bed and sighed.

"Come on, Y/n. You saw what happened tonight. Dennis almost got hurt and you did, as well! I can't risk seeing you both hurt anymore."

"What happened tonight was partially your fault. Also, Dennis and I are happy here. Why aren't you? Because we get hurt every now and then. I hate to break it to you, but Dennis is going to get hurt. Physically and emotionally. It's part of life. And, this place is part of all three of our lives,"
Y/n ranted.

Our door knocked and I went to see who it was.
"Hey Johnny," I said still kind of frustrated.
"Uh, h-hey. Is Y/n here?", he nervously asked.
Y/n showed up next to me and Johnny looked relieved.
"I have to talk to you, Y/n...privately."

Y/n's POV
Johnny took my hand and led me down the hall.
"What's going on, Johnny?"
We stopped walking and he said, "Go to California."

I blinked in confusion. "Where is this coming from?"

"Maybe you should, at least revisit California and uh, see if it's good for Dennis. Say...tomorrow?"
I thought about it and softly said, "I mean, if it's just to see if Dennis will like it, then I guess. Are you okay with watching him?"

"You know I love spending time with my favorite nephew."

I smiled and Johnny asked, "Hey, are you and Marcus okay?"
I rolled my eyes. "Marcus and I are good. He just really wants us to move to California."
"And you don't want to?"

"Dennis loves it here with his family and yes, he gets hurt, but it's not very often. He only got that one paper cut and a tiny bruise on his leg. But that was two months ago!"
"I get that. Kids are going to get hurt, but they'll grow and learn from their injuries."
I laughed and said, "Unlike you."

Johnny shrugged. My smile dropped as I thought Marcus.
"Do you think Marcus thinks that I don't care about Dennis' safety? It feels like that..."
Johnny wrapped an arm around me and said, "He knows you care about Dennis and his safety. I mean, why wouldn't you? You're his mom. But, like you, Marcus is just worried for his kid."

"...I guess you're right."
"Really? Wow..."

"I mean, I can understand why Marcus is acting paranoid. Dennis is his first son and Marcus is used to his own dad being protective over him," I said to myself.
Johnny nodded and I hugged him.
"Thanks, Clumsy. You actually helped. Look at you gettin' all wise."
Johnny smirked and badly moonwalked back to his room.

I laughed at my friend and went to my room. When I opened the door, Marcus was sleeping.
He was on his side, so I wasn't entirely sure, but took off my slippers and climbed in bed. Even though I was sure Marcus was sleeping, I wrapped my arms around his waist and whispered, "I love you."