Jeyna/Percy Jackson/In the Shower

Jason & Reyna

When it came to battle, Reyna always rose to the top. Besides the fact that she was a praetor, she was also a perfect warrior. And Jason noticed this even before he actually met her when they were young.

But today it was like a haze had blown off of his vision. He remembered everything. Every movie night, every training battle, every dinner party, and every kiss. He remembered. In the middle of battle. He cursed at Heras poor timing and almost took a blow to the head.

The piercing sound of metal on metal knocked him out of his trance. Reyna was in front of him, her sword parrying the monsters. She sunk her blade between what Jason could assume to be its ribs, as it dissapeared into rubble, Reyna spun toward him.

"Careful, Grace!" She shouted over the battle.

"Rey', your six!

She blindly swung her sword 180 degrees, slicing off a demons head. But she seemed confused,

"What did you just call me?"

But Jason was busy now, his sword, Ivlivs, was slashing at a monster with sky colored hair. He kept his eyes open despite the urge to close them and sit down and think. He had made at least eight more monsters crumble to dust before he realized that the battle had dissipated to almost nothing.

Jason stopped for a moment taking in the details. Medics were rushing onto the field, demigods carrying others to the nearest first aid station, feet shuffling through a thin layer of dark ash. He slumped against the large bolder next to him, his mind racing and overwhelmed.

"Jason? Jason! Shit- we need a medic!" A voice ordered as his vision went black.

...

Reyna wished she'd been the one pacing Jasons room instead of Piper. At this point she'd even settle to do it with Piper. But she couldn't. She was praetor and her people were recovering from a battle.

She visited each and every medical station, surveying the damage, it wasn't looking good. After all, the battle was so random and massive not even she was prepared. She wrote down the details and assigned three groups of rotational guards to do perimeter checks and scouting.

Reyna was at the weapons storage when she saw Piper sprinting at her through the corner of her eye. When she turned, Piper almost smacked into her.

"Reyna! Jason he- he's okay he just blacked out. He won't speak to me Reyna, I don't know what to do. I just thought that mayb-"

Piper spit out the information so fast, Reyna hardly had time to process it. She grabbed Pipers shoulder,

"Show me where he is."

She said calmly, following Piper at a brisk pace to the Jupiter cabin. Piper rapped at the door,

"Hey Sparky, I brought Reyna, I'm gonna go get you some ambrosia."

Piper opened the door and signaled for Reyna to go in. Reyna nodded and shut the door behind her. Before she could get a word out, Jason softly said,

"How do you stand being by me, Rey'?"

Reyna flinched visibly, she tactically avoided the question, stepping closer to his bedside.

"When did you start calling me Rey' again?"

She grabbed the small towel from the bucket of water and squeezed it so it was damp. When she layed it on his forehead he grabbed her arm and their eyes connected.

"I remember, Reyna."

She froze, her hand mid-air, he spoke again, his eyes were sad.

"I'm so sorry."