Chapter 15: Conflict III (Confession)

During Thursday evening, Shoto had politely asked Momo to follow him. He had not told her why he was bringing her to the middle of the field, but she knew he would never do bad things to her.

When she was busy doing her laundry, he tried to sneak in a conversation with her without allowing the others to listen.

The remaining students of class 1-A didn't dare to interrupt, although Jirou was eyeing Shoto since Tuesday night. She was probably contemplating whether she would need to murder Shoto or not based on Momo's moods.

Momo however, was getting friendlier and back on her toes. That was so like her; pretending that everything was alright.

At 6pm, they stood in the field, seeing the sun setting down. There was no one else in their view.

"So - what are we doing here?" Momo asked, wondering if Shoto was planning some sort of surprise.

"You'll see," he replied, acting all vague.

As five minutes passed, he was worried if Eiko decided to bail out. No one should underestimate a coward who was afraid of admitting his mistakes.

Especially in front of the person he supposedly liked. That thought made Shoto's blood boil.

Momo started playing with her fingers, feeling a bit curious about Shoto's intentions. They were alone and in the middle of a public area, she couldn't guess why he asked her to bring her here.

When she was about to ask another question again, something popped out behind the nearby bushes. She narrowed her eyes and saw the students from the support class, some of them she recognized.

Hatsume Mei, because of her interesting flashy show with Iida during the sports festival and the other two boys that talked to Shoto last week. There was one boy with glasses that she felt she was familiar with, but she couldn't pinpoint where she had met him.

As they came closer to Momo, she realized that the two boys were practically dragging the one with glasses. Hatsume was walking behind them with a smug face, casually participating in the conflict.

They let the boy go once he was a few metres away from Momo.

Hatsume walked over to them as she laughed. "He wouldn't come so I asked the boys to drag him here."

"The least thing you could do is back up a member!" Eiko shouted

She scoffed. "I don't condone verbal abuse. Words can hurt."

Shifting her eyes back and forth from Hatsume and the boy, Momo demanded an explanation. Hatsume and the other two boys retreated behind the bushes, apparently wanting to let them be alone.

Momo out of all people knew she would use her zoom Quirk to watch them, but she didn't mind.

Shoto took the chance to explain why he had dragged the boy out here. When he told the story, from the Special Competition to Natsuo's girlfriend, Momo had mixed feelings about this.