Chapter 18: Date II

After having lunch late into the afternoon, they decided to go to the theme park, wanting to try the rides that were popular among their peers. The  truth was, both Momo and Shoto had never been in a theme park before.

Shoto had asked Kirishima and Kaminari how to navigate the activities inside the theme park.

They stopped in front of an ice cream stall and bought two. As they were enjoying the cold snacks, they walked and observed all rides that were available for them to join. When Momo was about to exchange money for tokens, a shrill scream erupted.

They both froze again, trying to decipher to direction of the scream. Multiple voices wafted in the air, asking for help and claiming that there was a slime monster. It was coming from the Ferris wheel.

"How long do you reckon the time we need to defeat it?" Shoto asked.

"30 minutes," she answered. It would need more work than the vampire.

"I think the list is cursed." Shoto was starting to accept that their date would be ruined after this fight.

"I think people are too energetic on Sundays," Momo replied, comforting Shoto.

"Let's go!" Shoto said.

Momo and Shoto dashed to the wheel, seeing a slimy creature climbing the wheel. Luckily, the wheel wasn't moving and there were nobody in any of the cars. Upon seeing everyone evacuate and only two teenagers remained in the ground, the monster jumped.

It landed right in front of Momo and Shoto. He could've attacked him with fire, but it had swallowed people in his slimy body. Those people were unconscious, probably fainted because of lack of oxygen. If the creature won't release them, they could die.

A slime monster's weakness would be heat because of huge portion of its body would need water. However, Shoto couldn't use his power immediately, knowing the civilians would be hurt on the way.

Shoto ran away, knowing that he would need to attack the monster from a distance. He climbed the Ferris wheel and waited for Momo's instructions.

"Come and eat me, slime," Momo said to the monster. She had hid the bottle of laxative drug that she had created, a huge amount of it.

The monster, having literally no brain, swallowed Momo. The sticky insides of the creature stung her skin. The slime was digesting the people, she realized, but it needed more time break down the skin of humans.

The drug was bubbling, working inside his body. After realizing what she had done, the creature couldn't escape his own reactions. He retched, shriveled a part of its body and secreted the people inside its body through an unseen hole.

Even though Momo came out with the slime that was similar to its skin, she couldn't forget that it was probably poop. "Ew," she responded.

When the civilians were starting breathe and open their eyes, she went to attend to them. Fortunately, none died. It was a sign that the monster wasn't long enough in the theme park. She had forgotten to signal Shoto.

Shoto had already read through Momo's whole plan. He didn't need any signal. Once the people were out, he attacked the monster with his fire until it shrunk into the size of a peanut. Sure enough, the creature gained strength from water.

Momo created a small jar and gave it to Shoto to put the creature inside.

Afterwards, Shoto accompanied her to a changing room and let her slip out of her slimy outfit. Also luckily for her, she could create new clothes for herself.

When she was done, the police officers were back again. They questioned Shoto and Momo if they had saved the day again.

Momo and Shoto bumped each other's fists. "It was great," Shoto remarked.