Chapter 28: Operation

A/N: Happy Eid to all Muslim Wattpad users! ❤️

Heroes are said to get recognition when villains are present. In reality, people with bad intentions that threaten peace do not always exist at one time.

These organizations needed time to prepare and launch an attack too.

As adults, Shoto and Momo were still busy even though they did not have to fight all the time. Shoto had to patrol during nighttime and for Momo, the opposite.

They had even less time to spend with each other after the vacation.

When Momo's eyes flipped open to the invading sunlight between the small spaces of her blinds, she wondered if it was the first time she woke up naturally, not needing the alarm.

Her body turned and she spent her time gazing at her husband.

Momo traced the line of his jaw and touched his lips, slightly blushing, remembering what had happened the night before.

Shoto was back quite late into the night, but he had asked Momo politely if she could spare a mere fifteen minutes for him.

She wanted it too, so she agreed without hesitation.

"Hmm," Shoto grumbled.

"I love waking up to you," she whispered, knowing that she had to get up and ready for work.

However, once she glanced at the clock, it wasn't because she woke up earlier than she had expected. She had been suspicious since the sunlight seemed to be casting taller shadows that it supposed to.

The alarms had passed and she was actually late.

"Oh my. I have to make breakfast!"

She hopped out of bed, thinking of a brisk shower. As she rushed, her foot was stuck in a pile of clothes. Only then she remembered that she had not even one thread on her body due to last night.

She picked up their clothes in a hassle, which had her accidentally tossing them down again in anxiety.

She bent her body to pluck those clothes from the ground again and quickly threw them into the nearby basket. She turned her head left and right, trying to pinpoint the location of her towel, which she suspected that she had accidentally hidden it.

Due to the frantic sounds around him, Shoto slipped out of his unconsciousness and found the sight of his naked wife struggling in front of him.

He didn't mean to tease her, really, but he couldn't help looking at her.

"What a nice view," Shoto remarked, stunning Momo out of her thoughts.

Her head snapped into his direction, but she was too shocked to say a word. When she had realized that Shoto was staring at her sensitive spots, she was panic-stricken.

She tried to find anything that could help her over up, but her mind wouldn't work properly. She pulled the blanket off the bed and attempted to cover the bottom of her body.

She chuckled nervously. "Umm, morning, Shoto."

Then, she remembered one important thing.

That they both shared the same blanket.

If she had used it to cover her body, it meant that Shoto's was exposed!

She stole a glance towards her husband on the bed, got her eyes glued to his morning length and exclaimed in astonishment, knowing that it was her fault.

"Ah!" she screamed and tossed the blanket back at him.

Unable to hide her embarrassment, she quickly crouched on the floor and hugged her knees close to her chin. She was trying hard to cover her body.