(Arc 3) Chapter Sixteen - The Camp Dance

There was only one week left of camp, and it was a sort of tradition here that there was a camp dance on the last week of camp to celebrate a great summer. We were told to pack formal clothes before we came to camp, and people who didn't or forgot theirs, they were given one to borrow. Luckily, I packed my dress from the last dance we had.

     Izuku also packed his, and was with the guys right now getting ready for the dance that was starting soon. I was currently with Momo and Jiro, getting ready in the girl's restroom as well.

     "What do you think about these earrings, girls?" Momo asked us.

     "Same as the last ten pairs, Momo. They look good on you" Jiro stated.

      "Ugh, I know, but there's so many it's hard to decide!" she whined.

      Jiro and I finished getting ready as it took Momo a little longer until she found the perfect pair of earrings. Overall, I had my cute dress from the last dance on, cute white shoes and had my hair back in a bun, with my bangs and front of my hair hanging down. And of course, my ring that Izuku had gotten me. We approached the mess hall, where the dance would be held. It was big and could hold everyone for a dance like this, so it worked well. Izuku  caught up to us, With Todoroki and Kaminari in tow.

     "Hey, girls! You ready to partay?" Kaminari said, going to Jiro and taking her hand.

     "We sure are. Let's head inside" Momo said, heading inside.

     Izuku took my hand, and led me inside. Music was pumping, and everyone was chilling or dancing, enjoying the night. There was also a disco ball on the roof, spinning. I could tell this was gonna be a fun night. Izuku pulled me into a kiss, which I happily received.

     "You look beautiful tonight, Ocha" He said to me and I felt my face get hot.

     "You look so handsome yourself, Zuzu" I told him and it was his turn to blush.

     It was true, though. He wore a green vest with a white dress shirt underneath and black dress pants, with black dress shoes. It resembled the one he wore last time as well. Mirio and Aizawa came over to us with Eri. Aizawa and Mirio were dressed in vests and dress pants like Izuku's and Eri was in a cute white dress.

     "Hey, Midoriya! Glad to see you finally get here!" Mirio stated.

     "I would've been here sooner, but Todoroki had to help me tie my tie" he said nervously.

     "Ah. Hey, I convinced Amajiki to get on stage and do something" Mirio stated, smiling widely.

     "Ah, really? What for?" Izuku asked.

     As if on queue, Izuku and I noticed Amajiki break away from Nejire and walk onto the small stage in the mess hall. He looked extremely nervous, but determined. He got to the mic and spoke.

     "H-hello e-everyone. I-im-" he tried to get out and everyone stared at him.

     It made him even more nervous, and it looked like he was gonna back out, but he didn't. He stood there, and took a deep breath before beginning again.

     "I wanted to say something, about someone special here tonight" he started. "Someone who's been by my side for a long time. Someone who means the world to me. She's always been there for me and has helped me through thick and thin. I don't know where I'd be without her. Everyday I wake up happy, knowing I have her by my side."

     Izuku and I looked over to Nejire, who was blushing and smiling happily.

     "I don't ever want to lose her. If I'm being honest, I want to spend the rest of my life with her. With that being said... Nejire Hado" he said, pulling out a small box and getting on one knee. "Will you do the honor of marrying me?"