Chapter 4: First Day of School

Last updated: 07/05/20 (dd/mm/yy)

----------

~No one's POV~

Nightlynx opens up to Marinette and reveals who she is, and that she will be joining her school tomorrow. The news on the TV suddenly flickers on, and Marinette caught sight of the usual reporter. "Hey, look." Out of her shapeshift, (y/n) turns her attention to the television. Nadja Chamack appears on the screen. "Recent akuma attacks have proven that Hawk Moth has grown stronger, and a new hero is amidst Ladybug and Cat Noir. Here is a clip of the akuma fight with Heartbreaker a few hours ago." The screen changes to the view of someone filming the scene from behind a wall. The camera adjusts past the wall slowly, and tilts up, showing Nightlynx in the air, holding out her right hand, and Ladybug's yoyo frozen in mid-air. There was a gasp, probably from the videographer. "Don't. You do not know his powers fully. By attacking so soon, you'll only let him win." Night's voice boomed. Right there, the screen changes back to the news report. "After closer inspection, research also shows that teens are more targeted now. As a new measure, all students are to stay in dorms that schools provide." Marinette gasps. (y/n) turns to look at her, peering into her mind. How I wish I get to room with Adrien... (y/n) immediately burst out laughing, "Seriously Mari? Your chances to rooming with him is like, 100 out of 100!" she winks at her. She seems to catch on. "No way. You knew about this. What did you do?!" (y/n) had a cheshire smile on her face, "Just a very simple twist in the mind~" Marinette blushes furiously, and then smirks. "So, did you also get Nathaniel in the same room with you? You two look so cute together!" She squeals. (y/n) goes red in the face and stumbles with her words. "U-uh, m-maybe? I mean, h-he's quite c-cute..." "Nightlynx, AKA (y/n), and Nathaniel... Hm... Nighthaniel? Nathalynx? (s/n)?" Marinette puts a finger to her chin, looking as if she's deep in thought. (y/n) smacks Mari's hand playfully, her face red. Mari giggles and puts her hands up and surrender. "Okay, okay!" (y/n) looks out of the window and realises that it's gotten really dark. (It's already dark what do you mean-) "Okay, I gotta go, bye Sister Mari! Snowlyx, howl loud!" (y/n) says, opening the balcony door. "See you at school tomorrow." Marinette says, walking over to give Nightlynx a hug. Night hugs back, then leaps into the night, heading back home.

----------

//Next day, Tuesday morning//

~(y/n)'s POV~

"(y/n), it's the first day of school, get up!!" Snowlyx screams. I jump up, terrified for a second at the sudden loud voice. "Are we early?" I ask. Snowlyx nods. I let out a sigh of relief, getting out of bed and heading to the toilet. After washing up, I change into a (a/c) crop shirt with a pair of (a/c) jean shorts. Snowlyx does my long hair into my usual braid and ended it with a (a/c) bow. Looking at the time, I had another hour before school started. I walk into the kitchen and prepare (a/f) for myself. Hey, proper meal for a proper lady, that's what they always say. As I finish up my breakfast, I wear on my (a/c) socks and (a/c) Nike shoes. (NOT sponsored!! XD) Having half an hour more, I grab my bag and my pouch, and transform. I swing myself out of the window and into an alley at least 70 feet away from my house, landing gracefully. "Snowlyx, silence." I transform back and let Snowlyx settle in the pouch before adjusting my back straps and step out of the alley. Next destination, Marinette's place, which was just about 10 minutes away, I think.

I pull out my phone and open Maps, keying in Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. The map quickly zooms into the shop, and I begin my walk. After 8 minutes, I arrived at Marinette's place. Seeing no one outside, I walk into the shop. As soon as I stepped into the store, I was in complete awe. To the left of the shop is a collection of glass display cabinets, showcasing many treats. On top of the cabinets are small displays of baked bread, that seem ready to sell. The floors are ornately styled, with repeating designs of lilies and fleur-de-lis. The walls are wood near the entrance and brick farther back. To the right are more displays, and further along is the register, with peels hanging from the ceiling above, and a cast-iron oven in the background. In the back there are what seems to be various sacks of flour, and a door leading to a rear exit that probably leads to the residential streets; upstairs probably leads to the Dupain-Cheng home. A lady with short dark blue hair comes out from the back. "Welcome to Boulangerie Patisserie! How can I help you today?" She says politely. I wave at her, "Hello! I am (y/n) (l/n), a friend of Marinette's. I'm new to Paris and she suggested I meet her here so she can bring me to the school?" "Oh! So you're the girl! You can call me Mama Sabine. I'll call Marinette to hurry up. Here, enjoy this croissant while you wait for her." I nod at her and mumble a thanks, munching on the croissant.