Chapter 21: Hawk Moth's Reign

Last updated: 07/06/20

Sorry!! Completely forgot to post ;-; no double chapters today however!

----------

~(y/n)/Nightlynx's POV~

"(y/n), it's time, let's go!" A familiar voice called, awaking me from my afternoon nap. Opening my eyes, I came eye to eye with Snowlyx, who drifted in front of me with a bright smile plastered on her face, beside her floated Koraine, who had a look of slight annoyance. Influenced by her joy, I got up, grabbing some toast, meeting with Rue downstairs. "Ready?" She asked. In response, I shouted, "Snowlyx, howl loud! Snowlyx, Koraine, unify!" Bright light engulfed me as I transformed, and I took a look at myself as soon as it faded. My white outfit was mixed with strokes of green here and there, my ears green. My hair had a green fade added to it.

Prepared, I met Rue downstairs before we both head to the Eiffel Tower, where Ladybug had decided we met. As I took to the roofs, the events from the night before played in my head.

There was a finger on my chin, and I was met with those cyan eyes. Something brushed my cheeks, and I caught that sweet smile Nathaniel always had. Returning that smile, I hugged Nathaniel tightly, not wanting to lose him again. Nathaniel hugged back, lifting my chin again and kissing me. I gave in, my mind swirling with everything we've been through. If only you could stay with me forever...

Suddenly, Nathaniel began radiating a different aura, and he pulled away, confusion written clear on his face. I saw bright light gently coating him, and stayed silent, watching it as it slowly ends at Nath's wrist. I know this from somewhere... Suddenly, a memory struck me, and I gasp, grabbing his wrist and flipping it over. There, on his wrist, was bright red light, which stayed there. Mom's words flooded into my mind, and I recited it aloud, "The soul mark. It binds you to your soulmate, who you are destined to spend your life with. It only reveals itself when both have proven their love for each other..." Wait, I'm the only one with Nathaniel when this happened, does this mean... 

As realisation hit me, I quickly detransformed, and glanced at my wrist, seeing the red glow as well. I couldn't stop the smile that came onto my face and the tears as it gathered in my eyes, ready to fall. I looked at Nathaniel, joy swimming through me. "You're staying..." I whispered, hugging him. He hugs back, but broke it soon, using his thumb to clean off my tears. "What do you mean?" he asked, confusion in his voice. My smile widened like an idiot, and I leaned my head on his shoulder, explaining it to him.

We managed to prove that we loved each other, and my wish was granted. He would be back in the real world, he would still exist. There was a comforting silence for awhile, until Nathaniel began chuckling like a kid. I chuckled too, and dived in for another kiss, which caught him by surprise. He soon kissed back, and we broke the kiss when air was needed. We then sat in silence for awhile, resting in each other's arms. I heard footsteps, and bid Nath goodbye, jumping out of the window. Luckily it was 10 floors, I quickly transformed while falling, and landed neatly, no harm done. I looked up, and saw Nathaniel's awed face. Giggling, I waved a goodbye to him, which he returned, before I quickly spun around and flew home.

Now that I could still see Nathaniel back in the real world, I wasn't very worried, and happily made my way to the tower to meet the two. When Rue and I got there, Cat Noir was sitting at the edge of the tower, looking at the afternoon sun. Ladybug was beside him, her head on his shoulder. The person who caught my surprise was Healine, who stood behind them, arms crossed, watching the sky as well. I approached the three and greeted them, giving Lady a shock, to which Cat and I laughed at. Healine smiled softly and gave me a hug, "Count me in on this fight." I grinned and nodded. Soon, the seriousness was in the air. Ladybug smiles confidently at the three of us, "Ready?" She asked. "Ready." Healine and I responded, and the pair got up. We all ran through the plan from the night before, altering it here and there since Hawk Moth was most likely to know of it. Exchanging a confident grin, Lady giving a brief nod before taking off, Cat Noir and Healine following behind. I smiled to myself, giggling as I swept through the air above them.

We soon got to the Agreste Mansion, and easily made it to the basement. Hawk Moth and Mayura stood in the room, some distance in front of the coffin, smiling, a glint of madness, evil, joy and confidence in their eyes. Lady and Cat stood in a defensive stance in front of the two, while Rue and I floated above the rest, Rue using her magic to craft swords in the air, while I held my whip in my (m/h). Healine stood behind us all, prepared to heal us when we got injured.

It's the end of your reign, Gabriel Agreste.