Chapter 16: Caught

Last updated: 17/05/20

----------

~Nightlynx's POV~

Adrien's room was illuminated by the setting sun, giving it an orange glow. There was a soft thump as we landed in it, and quickly glance around. Ladybug swiftly leads me out of his room, going down a flight of stairs, turning a corner, and we were soon in front of that painting from the flashback. "I need to speak to Gabriel Agreste regarding hero matters?" "Sorry, Mr. Gabriel is very busy and would not want to see anyone." "What would Chat Noir, saviour of Paris, come and look for me for?" My wolf ears pick up the conversation, and I glance to Lady, giving her a nod. She returns it, before turning to the painting, searching for the button with my dream. I stare at the painting, linking to my flashback. It was rather blurry, but I managed to pick out that the button was somewhere near the centre of the painting. I immediately scooted near it, searching. Lady seems to catch on, and helps me search as well. Somehow, I can't seem to get my hands on anything at all. I clicked my tongue impatiently, and Lady puts a hand on my shoulder. She gives me a nod, before turning back to continue searching. I can see why Marinette was chosen to be Ladybug now. She's persistent, strong, caring.

I smile, and heard the beeping sound of the Miraculous. Lady and I exchanged a face of panic, and glanced around quick. We had another minute to get out, or we would be caught. Before we could act, however... "Nathalie! Go check out what that sound was..." "Mr. Agreste! I'm sure it was nothing! How about I go check it out, in case it was a robber?" "There's no need for that, Cat Noir. Thank you for the kind thought." "But-" "Nathalie." There was a yelp, and silence followed. I turn to Lady, worry written all over her face. Cat Noir has probably been caught. We have been trapped. Great, this is so fun. The Miraculous beeped again, and our camouflage dropped. Mayura, chose that time to walk in, a smile plastered on your face. "We've won, Ladybug." She said. Right before I could use my lasso on her, there was a bang, and something collided with my head. I heard someone distant shouting, but I couldn't make it out. The next thing I knew, there was only silence and darkness.

I first felt pain throughout my body. I then realised I was on a chair. I tried to get up, only to find I was tied onto the chair. Of course. Sorry, I tried to put up a fight with them, but I was overpowered back there, and Ladybug was already out... Dema said. I nodded as a response to Dema, before opening my eyes, quickly glancing around, confused. It was a small room, with a little light coming from a window. They didn't manage to put me out cold, so I was dragged here. You're in Hawk Moth's lair, (y/n). My heart skipped a beat. No, could we have lost? I started panicking, and turned to see... Marinette and Adrien, both still out. I looked at myself, and saw that I was also detransformed. "S-Snowlyx...?" I whispered. There was no response. I repeated myself a few times, each louder than before, until I was practically yelling, instantly stopping myself. There was still no response, no white figure, no sound... I heard a groan, and turn to see Adrien waking up. "Adrien!" I whisper-shouted. His eyes shot open, and he frantically glanced around, before looking at himself. "We're at Hawk Moth's lair. Dema tried to put up a fight." I said, apology written in my eyes. Adrien looks at me, gives a sad smile, and shakes his head slowly, indicating that it wasn't my fault. I returned his smile, before seeing Marinette stir. We filled her in on where we were and such, and sat in silence for a while. 

Suddenly, there was the sound of an elevator cutting through the air, and we all whipped our head towards the dark. A sound of footsteps followed thereafter, and Gabriel and Nathalie come into view. "So, our heroes are awake, I see." Gabriel said, his voice as cold as ice. "Emilie isn't going to proud of you, Gabriel. She will only hate you." I spat, unable to hold back. There was a painful blast of heat on my cheek, and Nathalie stood in front of me. "She will be proud sir. More than anything." She said to Gabriel, who only snickered and nodded his head. I tried to wriggle out of my restrains, and realised it was loosening. I immediately stopped, glancing swiftly at Marinette and Adrien. They caught my eye, and understood what I was trying to say, giving me a brief nod, before we all turn to face Hawk Moth again. "It's time." Gabriel states, holding up the Cat and Ladybug Miraculous in both his hands. There was a silent gasp, and Gabriel began laughing maniacally. I glanced at Nathalie, and saw her slightly distracted. Taking my chance, I got out of my restrains. Seeing Nathalie still distracted and Gabriel still laughing, I dash across and snatch the Miraculous nearer to me; the Cat. Without thinking, I dash to the corner of the room, hiding in the dark.

"Nooroo, dark wings rise." "Duusu, spread my feathers." There was some bright light, which fades quickly. Ugh, my chances of winning them was like, one out of 10. But with the dark on my side, I could at least drag some time. "Where are you, (y/n)? I would like my Miraculous back..." Hawk Moth says, walking nearer to the dark, but in the wrong direction. Plus point for me. Mayura, however, walked up and placed a hand on Hawk Moth's shoulder, whispering something into his ear. He smirks, "Well then, since you want to play Hide-and-Seek, let's make sure everyone is after you." He laughs. "Tikki, Nooroo, unify!" He shouted, and pink light shone. "With the Miraculous of Champions and Creation, I may not be able to make an alternate universe, but..." Hawk Moth began, snickering. He then mumbled, and bright light engulfs the room, blinding me. In the process, I hear Marinette screaming "No!" and Adrien yelling "Father!". The light was soon taken over by darkness.