Chapter 20: Soulmates

Last updated: 07/06/20

----------

~Marinette's POV~

Adrien happily dragged me to his room, explaining on the way that Katniss was (y/n). (I wasn't too surprised) But when we got to his room, what I saw shocked me instantly. I wasn't shocked that Katniss was here, I was shocked that she was crying on the ground. "Katniss, (y/n)! Are you okay?" I whisper-shout, dashing over to hug her. I drew circles on her back as her tears just poured, her whimpering softly. "It's just... I just got to see... N-Nathaniel again... but... when we bring o-our world back... h-he..." Katniss whispered into my ear as her tears continued to fall. I shush her, hugging her tighter. "It's alright. Nathaniel will be proud of you, even if he isn't around. He's always watching you, wherever he is, okay?" I whisper to her, soothing her.

She soon stops trembling, and her tears slowly stopped. Slowly, she lifts her head and smiles at me, silently thanking. I return it, and she goes to wash her face before we get to business. The three of us sat in a circle on the ground. Katniss had called 'Prim', and we were waiting for her to arrive. There was a swish, and a soft "Snowlyx, silence" and Prim came into view, passing Katniss the necklace. She gasped at the sight of it and turned to Prim. "You keep it, now that LB and Chat are back, we need Nightlynx as well. Plus, I don't understand how you last without being able to use your powers," Prim exasperatedly sighs. Katniss giggles, putting on the Miraculous and having Snowlyx resting on her shoulder. Tikki and Plagg were also floating around, joining in the discussion.

After a little fill-in, we found out that Prim was Rue, (y/n)'s sister, the akumatized Valister was her inner fighting self, Deris. Wow, this whole magic and fighting selves and akuma is getting a little confusing... Anyways, back to the discussion of the plan.

After discussing for a few hours, we decided on a plan that was risky, but possible. We also agreed that before the plan commences, we would get the Bat Miraculous for Nathaniel from Master Fu, so (y/n) to bid her goodbyes. It was settled, and we all went our separate ways to rest. I must say, it's so difficult to adjust now that I know Adrien isn't my brother, but my soulmate.

----------

~Katniss,(y/n)/Nightlynx's POV~

After the plan was decided, Rue/Prim and I went home, me as Nightlynx, and her using her powers to levitate her. We both went to bed, but for me... I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. Soon, I gave up, "Snowlyx? Can we go..?" I asked, knowing she was awake. She sighs, then hums an agreement. I quickly transform, and wander through the night. The next thing I knew, I was at Gramps' place. "Hey, I expected you to come by. Take this." Gramps greeted me at the door, giving me the Bat Miraculous, smiling. I gasp, and took it with shaking hands. Tears began falling, and I hugged Gramps in gratitude for a while, before flying to Nathaniel's place, smiling to myself. That was when it struck me. This isn't like our world, here there are no dorms. So...

I sigh, settling down on a rooftop, closing my eyes and concentrating.

I wonder who Marinette likes...

My world seemed to freeze for a moment, although I know Marinette wasn't to blame. No one can control who they fall in love with... With a new weight on my shoulders, I got up slowly, and flew towards the thought, soon finding Nathaniel's house. He lives on the 10th floor on a 24-storey building. I couldn't stop the smile that crept onto my face, and looked down at the pin, tears rolling down silently. With a sudden boost of joy, confidence and motivation, I swooped down towards the building. There was no balcony, so I just floated upside-down above the circular window, pulling my braid into a bun to stop it from hanging. Taking a peep, I saw... Ms Bustier? Is she his mother? I mean, that would make sense, the red hair, cyan eyes... I looked around a little more, and realised that this window opens to Nathaniel's room. Ms Bustier sat by a bed whispering something to a red-haired boy, which I realised was Nathaniel. So Nathaniel was in bed already, now I kinda feel bad.

Chuckling to myself, I waited until Ms Bustier left the room, before knocking on the boy's window. The blanket was immediately thrown off, and Nathaniel sat up in a panic. I wanted to fool around for a little, so I hid from his view, while watching Nathaniel glance around his dimmed room, worry written all over his face. Soon, he calms down and lies back down. Taking my chance, I knock on the window again, but was caught by surprise when it suddenly swung open, and a pair of bright cyan eyes met mine. There was a soft gasp, followed by "You're the girl from my dreams..." Okay, I was shocked. He knew of me? How much does he know of me though? Does he still... love me..?

I released a breath I didn't even realise I was holding. Smiling widely at him, "Really? What am I like, then?" Nath seemed to hesitate for a moment, before... swiftly pulling me into a kiss. I was shocked of his sudden actions, but gave in to the kiss quickly, closing my eyes. I felt all of the joy and happiness all at once, and passed it through the kiss, hoping it would reach him. He deepened the kiss, and I smiled through the kiss, and put a hand through his hair, keeping my teary eyes shut. We soon broke the kiss to catch our breath, and I slipped into his room, sitting down on his bed. He soon moves next to me, and wraps his hand around my waist. Still a little dazed that the Nathaniel could do this, I obliged and rested my head on his shoulder. There was a comforting silence for a while, until I made up my mind and swiftly pinned the Miraculous onto Nathaniel's shirt, causing a gasp from him. There was an intense silence for a moment, until Nathaniel spoke up.

"I... Nightlynx... Why are you here... What..." I smiled silently at his words, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Hawk Moth altered the world, and we are going to end him tomorrow. But before that, I wanted to see you..." I whispered, loud enough for only him to hear. There was a touch on my chin, and I looked up, meeting with those cyan eyes. Something brushed my cheeks, and I caught that sweet smile Nathaniel always had. Returning that smile, I hugged Nathaniel tightly, not wanting to lose him again. Nathaniel hugged back, his lips clashing with mine once again. My mind swirling with everything we've been through. If only you could stay with me forever...

----------

~Nathaniel's POV~

Knowing that this could be my last meeting with Nightlynx, AKA (y/n), I listened to my heart and deepened the kiss. (I'm so sorry for this cringe-) I was shocked by a sudden boost of strength that spread throughout my body, and I broke this kiss in confusion, Nightlynx returning the same look. I saw soft bright light engulfing me, and let out a soft gasp. Soon, the light faded, the remains of it glowing on my wrist. Confused, I turned my hand over and stared the bright red light. Nightlynx gasped, before pulling my wrist into her view.

"The soul mark. It binds you to your soulmate, who you are destined to spend your life with. It only reveals itself when both have proven their love for each other..." Nightlynx mumbles under her breath. "Snowlyx, silence." I heard the girl mumble, and bright light radiates off Night, turning her back into (y/n). She pulled her wrist to view, and I saw the same red light on it. A smile slowly slipped onto (y/n)'s lips, and she looks up at me, tears in her eyes.

"You're staying..."