Chapter 9: Spells

Last updated: 08/05/20 (dd/mm/yy)

----------

~Nathaniel's POV~

I was doing the final touches on my artwork, the one with (y/n) on it, when I heard sobbing. Following it, I realised the sobbing came from (y/n) herself. Worried, I climb onto her bed, and could see her visibly shaking in her sleep. "I-I'm sorry... I..." she mumbled, the rest of the words incoherent. She was probably having a nightmare, so I started combing her hair, doing my best to comfort her. "Shh... it's okay, I'm here, you're not alone..." After some time, she seemed to have calmed down, but was still shaking slightly. "Rue..." she whispered. I sighed, wondering if I could do anything else to help her calm down. Just then, she grabbed my shirt, "D-don't leave me..." I could feel the heat rising to my face fast, and a thousand thoughts ran through my mind at once (Cringeee-). Shaking off the thoughts, I focused my attention back to (y/n), hesitating a moment before lying down next to her. She looked so messed up, shaking and still sobbing silently. I stared at her for some time, zoning out, before coming back to reality and started patting her head. She soon stopped shivering, to my relief. "Don't worry, I'm here to stay." I swore I saw a smile on her face for a second, before she began sleeping ever so peacefully. A while later, I fall into a deep sleep, dreaming of a certain wolf.

----------

//Next morning, Wednesday//

~No one's POV~

Nathaniel woke up to the distant sound of birds chirping, and saw (y/n) sleeping peacefully, the details of the previous night coming back into his mind. He smiled, glad that she could get some good sleep in the end, and kiss her forehead, before making his way down the ladder, grabbing the clothes he had stashed away yesterday from the closet and going to the bathroom to change. (y/n) was awoken by the closing of the bathroom door, and jolt to a wake, confused for a second. After spending a few seconds to look around, she calmed down, remembering that she had moved to the dorm yesterday. Realising that, she panicked and climbed down the steps, almost tripping at least thrice. As she hopped down the last step, she dashed to her bag, pulling out a watch that she kept inside, not wanting any jewelries stuck on her when she has to transform in a rush. Checking the time, she had 20 more minutes. Letting out a huge sigh of relief, she walked over to the bathroom door, making sure it was locked, before unzipping her pouch, revealing a sleeping Snowlyx.

(y/n) giggled at the little kwami's peaceful sleep, waking her from her slumber. "Oh, good morning (y/n)!" Snowlyx chirped, a little too loudly. (y/n) hushes her, Snowlyx putting her little hands to her mouth. She then pulled out a bar of melted chocolate from the pouch. "Sorry that it's melted. I'll try to get you some chocolate from the cafeteria or something soon, okay?" (y/n) apologised. Snowlyx nodded her head understandingly, before whispering a muffled thanks, sitting on the table and stuffing her mouth with the ever so delightful chocolate. (y/n) sighs, and while waiting for Nathaniel to come out from the bathroom, she went to tie her hair. She already took a bath last night, so she was aiming to just take a quick rinse. Not too long after she was done tying her hair, the bathroom door unlocked, causing (y/n) to widen her eyes in shock, and Snowlyx to zip through the air and to (y/n)'s bed. The bathroom door opened, and revealed Nathaniel in his usual outfit. "Morning!" (y/n) sings, grabbing her clothes from yesterday and going into the bathroom to change, not giving him a chance to respond. Nathaniel blushes, and shakes off his thoughts, turning his attention to packing his bag and getting ready for school. 

When he was done, (y/n) exited from the bathroom. "Hey, you ready to go?" He asked her. Remembering Snowlyx, she told him to go off first, as she had a few more things to grab. Nath nods, and heads out. Sighing, (y/n) calls Snowlyx down, telling her the coast is clear. She began keeping her notebook and pencil case into her bag, then settling Snowlyx in the pouch, before carrying her bag and exiting the room. She then pulled out her watch and checked the time, seeing that she had 10 more minutes before class started. Ready for a whole new day of school, though there was a chance of an akuma interfering with her fun later in the day, (y/n) headed off to class.

{Time skip brought to you by Nighthaniel}

As soon as class had ended for the second break of the day, (y/n) went off to the library, hoping to find a good book to read when she didn't feel like drawing. She mindlessly scrolled through several books, none catching her attention. None, but one book. A spell book. Confused, she picked out the book from the shelf and picked a far corner in the room, settling down comfortably. Checking to make sure no one could see what she was reading, (y/n) flipped open the book, mindlessly flipping through the pages. One page caught her attention. It seemed like a diary entry.

Dear (y/n),
                    I'm so sorry for erasing your memories of Rue. We miss her dearly too, don't get my intentions wrong. It hurts me to see you being so hurt, I hope you can forgive me. I've done my best to find Rue, but to no avail. I'm really sorry, if only I was stronger... I only managed to pick out her aura in Paris, which is why Gramps left, worried something bad could happen with witches like Rue trapped there. I haven't heard from him for weeks, I hope he's doing fine. He's the last family member I've left, other than my 2 daughters. You're currently too young to go and find her on your own, but as you grow older, I will consider allowing you to go and help her.
I'm sorry, my beloved (y/n).
Love,
Mother

(y/n) was shocked, and realised that this was her mother's diary and spell book at the same time, filled with spells she had experimented for her own and founded. As she continued flipping through the spells written neatly in her mother's handwriting, she came to a spell that caught her attention.

Spell 307
Name: Akurima

Use: sets akumatized witch free