Chapter 11: Miraculous of Healing

Last updated: 12/05/20 (dd/mm/yy)

----------

~(y/n)'s POV~

I heard a phone ringing, and woke up, realising exactly where I was. What- When did I came to Nath's bed- I- Oh god. This is embarrassing. Blushing madly, I carefully pulled myself out of his arms, and sitting up, staying there for a while as the memories of the previous night came back to me. Valister had decided to replay the scene where I abandoned Rue again and again last night, and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I ended up sleeping with Nath in the end. Well, at least Valister didn't visit me that night. Right then, I heard a loud crash from outside. My room door suddenly busted open, and a pink monster stands right there.

 My room door suddenly busted open, and a pink monster stands right there

~Picture from Miraculous Ladybug Wiki~

She stared at me through all 3 eyes, and roared. I don't know when Nathaniel woke up, but the next thing I knew, he had held my hand and pulled me out of my room, the monster in chase. Soon, the monster had given up chase on us, and Nathaniel stops at a hidden corner, us both catching our breaths. "How did Mylene get akumatized again?" I heard Nath mumbling to himself. So that was Mylene. "You mean she has been akumatized before? Mylene? Why?" I ask, needing more information. "She was scared while filming a play, and Chloe had made fun of her, which caused her to get akumatized, turning into Horrificator. She wanted others to understand her fear." Nathaniel replied, staring into the distant. Nodding, I turn my attention back to the corridor, planning my next move. Forgetting about Nathaniel, I was about to walk out, when he grabbed my wrist. "(y/n), what are you doing? You could get hurt!" Uh-oh. Now, how am I supposed to explain my motives? Oh, I'm going back to our room to get my kwami, Snowlyx, and turn into Nightlynx, so I can protect you. Yeah, that sure works. "I'm going to find Marinette, I have to make sure she's fine! Don't follow me, you keep yourself safe!" I shout, dashing off. Let's hope that sister love would keep him at bay. I kept on listening for sounds or roars or any screaming, but heard none.

Worried, I quickly made it to my room and found Snowlyx. She was lost, dashing around the room, panicked. "(y/n)! There you are!" She shouted, catching sight of me, running up to give me a hug. "Sorry, I didn't mean to abandon you here." I apologised. She shook it off, and gave me a nod. I return it, and quickly transform. Dashing out of the room, I tried to pick out where the akuma went. After a minute, I finally picked out the akuma. She had moved to the streets of Paris. That quick? Sighing, I got to the balcony, and used my lasso to hook onto a rooftop, swinging over. I saw Lady and Chat in the distance, battling the akuma. What I didn't expect is, she had gotten bigger than before. This proves my assumption that she feeds off fear, to become more fearsome. Dema wanted a fight, and as I wasn't really in the mood for a fight (which is not a good idea for a superhero), I let her take over. 

----------

~Nathaniel's POV~

After (y/n) had left, I was dazed for a moment. She cared about me... Coming back to reality, I realised how much danger she could get into. Worried, I rushed down the corridor, and into our room. I don't see her anywhere, but there was a box on my desk that caught my sight. It was a small little box with some red sign on it. Curiosity got the better of me and I opened the box. Suddenly, there was a grey light orb that seemed to come out from the box, and it began circling me quickly. It came to a halt in front of me, before materialising into some weird brown creature I've never seen before. Scared, I back away from it slowly.

The creature was brown, and had bat like ears on its head. It's eyes were black like midnight, and there was some light brown fur around its neck.

"Woah, don't be scared of me. Let me explain why I'm here. I'm Horix, apparently, your kwami. I can give you powers, like Ladybug and Chat Noir, and that newbie Nightlynx. I'm the Miraculous of Healing, a bat kwami. To transform, you have to say 'Horix night hunt!', and to detransform, you just have to say 'Dawn time'. Simple." 'Horix' said, crossing his arms. Calming down slightly, I asked, "And what powers would I get?" Horix then narrowed his eyes, circling me, as if he was scanning me or something, though he probably was. "You seem like the perfect wearer. Fine, I accept. You'll have powers to heal whoever you want to. Your weapon is a wand, the tip of it with a bat. You can use it to summon your superpower, called "Healing Night". It allows you to heal a maximum of 20 people at once. Other than that, your wand can lengthen and you can use it like a baton. You also can heal just with a thought. Simple much. Got it?" Horix stops in front of me again. Nodding my head, I walk over to what I assume is the Miraculous: a brown bat pin that is usually worn on shirts. I put it on, excited for my first fight. "Horix, night hunt!" I shout, and Horix disappears, bright light engulfing me. After a few seconds, I felt more... powered. I walk over to the mirror in my side of the room, and took a close look at myself.

I had a pair of brown bat ears on my head. My suit was brown, white from my elbow and knee down. My feet were black. My mask was brown, the edges turning black. My turquoise eyes had sharpened. I found a wand on my left hips, and it looks exactly like what Horix described. I guess I can't test it out, since no one was injured around me. Putting it back to my side, I turn back into the mirror, feeling a lot more confident and open than I usually am. I hear a roar and snap back to attention. It sounded like it was far away, maybe about a few roofs far.

I immediately move out of the room, and down the hallway, occasionally seeing students huddled together in fear. This boosted my motivation and need to save them, and I head to the balcony. I look around, trying to spot Horrificator or one of the heroes. Soon, I spotted the pink figure in the distance, and leapt off to another roof, surprised of my agility. After taking a minute to get the hang of it, I dash off to the akuma.