three

"Hey, you're Jinsoo, right?" Jaemin asked, trying to be polite, unsure if his neighbours actually remembered him or not.

"Yeah," the boy paused, seeming rather bored by the conversation that hadn't really started yet. "Jaemin. Our neighbour. I remember," the ravenette sighed. He was no longer in the mood to put on the nice act.

"Well, I don't want to intrude on your relationship," The blonde started, noticing the way Jinsoo's shoulders tensed at the mention of the brunette who had gone to the teacher's desk and was out of ear shot.

"I was wondering if you guys could fight less. I understand that couples have the odd fight here and there, but it's every night and I'm becoming tired of the constant yelling. I can't sleep," Jaemin mentioned, trying to be as formal as the sassy twenty-year-old could possibly be.

Jinsoo carded his hand through his locks of black hair, releasing an aggravated sigh before glaring at Jeno who had finished talking to the teacher and had walked up, nearing the pair.

"Sorry for the inconvenience Jaemin. We'll be more mindful of others." His voice had never sounded that threatening to the blonde, who had to hold his trembling hand still.

"Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion," he repeated, turning to see Jeno behind him, who wore a look of confusion.

Jinsoo just nodded while 'smiling'. He grabbed onto Jeno, who had no idea what the pair had been talking about, and dragged the poor boy out of the room aggressively.

Small whimpers left the young adult's mouth as he followed the taller to, what Jaemin could only assume, was their apartment block.

The blonde let out a sigh, glad that he had finally cleared the air with the couple; Jinsoo at least.

His hand was still shaking from when the ravenette's voice had dropped an octave to become more threatening. Jaemin shook the thoughts off while he headed to the canteen area, hoping to catch up with Renjun there. He hadn't seen the Chinese boy all day, and he had a lot to talk about.

His thoughts fell back to the mysterious couple from upstairs.

It wasn't his business, right?

He just had to keep telling himself that, to reassure him that he was doing nothing wrong. Yet there was the nagging feeling that took him every time he heard them yelling.

That brunette, the sad eyes and the feeling of his heart clenching when the older pleaded with him through looks. It had all effected the blonde's thought process, messing with his head.

On the other hand, there was Jinsoo, the ravenette. His firm glare making Jaemin crawl with thoughts of what happened behind the closed doors.

The blonde just couldn't grasp the reality he was in. He was in denial and he was not going to admit that there was something wrong. Something very wrong with the couple that seemed so innocent, yet held some of the darkest secrets.

Jaemin was dragged from his minefield of a mind as he was approached by his Chinese friend. The boy's light brown hair fell so effortlessly over his right eye, leaving one chestnut coloured orb glancing around nervously.

Jaemin frowned at the shorter, confused by his edgy attitude. The usually outgoing adult was looking around the canteen area, worried about something. But Jaemin couldn't see what his problem was.

"What's up with you Renjun?" The blonde asked carelessly, while taking a seat. The elder boy followed his actions, taking the bench opposite from Jaemin.

"I don't know. I'm not feeling great," the brunette mumbled, pulling his lunch out of the backpack he had carried around.

Jaemin watched the Chinese male as he pulled the lid from his salad, taking the fork and poking the greens around with it.

"Are you going to eat anything, Jae?" The older questioned, not looking hungry while still seeming on edge.

"I just had breakfast a few hours ago." Jaemin's voice was weak, the tiredness finally catching up to him as soon as he had stopped fighting it.

Renjun seemed to notice his odd behaviour, but had put two and two together. Jinsoo and Jeno had fought again.

The brunette's shoulders slumped, feeling sympathy for his friend who had bags beneath his eyes that used to be so lively.

"Have you talked to them again?" Renjun asked while stabbing a lettuce leaf with his fork, bringing it to his mouth and began chewing on it. Jaemin looked up to the sound of his friend's voice, knowing that Renjun was the best at comforting him at times like these.

The younger of the two nodded, his mind going to the conversation he had only minutes ago, still confused by the whole thing.

Why was Jinsoo like that?

What was the cause behind these fights?

Jaemin nodded his head hesitantly, glancing at his friend who just sighed before continuing to eat.

"I don't think they were actually listening to me though. It was really weird," Jaemin could still feel the chills that ran down his back when the ravenette had spoken. His voice was just so menacing.

"They are so weird though, I don't like them." Renjun had continued eating after making the comment about the pair.

"I don't mind Jeno. I don't think that he's the problem anyway." Jaemin rested his head on his arms that were on the table in front of him.

"What makes you say that?" The brunette asked taking another bite of his lunch. He poked the greens around again before looking up and making eye contact with the blonde's hazel eyes.

"Jeno seems...I don't know." Jaemin paused for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts. He was thinking through all the evidence he had against the dark haired boy. "In my opinion?" he asked rhetorically, watching his Chinese friend before glancing down at his hands that were clasped together nervously. "I think that Jeno's the lesser of two evils."

Renjun stopped chewing, throwing the younger a questioning look.

"There's something odd about that Jinsoo. He.....he's just, there's something wrong with him."

The two boys glanced at each other. The elder of the two gave the blonde another sympathetic look.

Renjun glanced down at his food, processing what Jaemin had told him.

"I'm not hungry anymore."