eight

Jaemin sighed as he nibbled on the end of his pencil nervously. The test that he was sitting had started twenty minutes ago, leaving the clueless blonde sitting there staring at the black font that sat so perfectly on the sheet of white paper sprawled out in front of him.

Mumbles from different students circled him as his focus was disrupted by the teacher walking past him. The whole class was trying to make heads and tails of this random 'quiz' that the teacher had put together, though you could see the clear effort that had gone into the paper.

"Calm down everyone...you still have forty minutes!" The middle aged man announced, a small smile etched on his face as he made eye contact with the boy in the back row, Jaemin.

Releasing yet another sigh, the boy carded his hand through his ruffled blonde hair, setting his gaze back into the paper in front of him.

The words were all blurring as he was reminded of the yelling and screaming the night before.

He snapped his head in the direction of the ravenette who sat directly in front of him. The teacher had leaned down to whisper to Jinsoo. It was hushed and mostly incoherent, but Jaemin was able to hear him ask the question that he wanted an answer to all day.

"Where is Jeno?" The younger put on a falsely comforting smile, leaning into the older man, whispering back.

"He's caught a common cold and wasn't feeling up to attending school. He might be out for the next few days, or he might feel good enough to come in tomorrow." His voice was so calming and easy to the ears, that there was no alarm going off to the blonde.

He really wanted to believe that there was something wrong with the brunette, but Jinsoo was just so damn convincing. His lies were so well covered and there seemed to be no loop holes in his stories.

There was only one thing that would settle Jaemin, who at this stage, was more concerned about the pair than the yelling and the sleepless nights. He needed to visit Jeno alone. He had never had a conversation with the older when his boyfriend wasn't present. They came as a pair, no matter what.

"Oh, alright. Tell him that I wish him to get better. Also, don't let him fall too far behind Jinsoo. I trust you with his education if he wont take care of it himself." The ravenette nodded, putting a fake frown on his face, pretending to be worried about the younger, but nobody could see through the façade, not even the observant blonde.

"I sure will sir. I'll give him some tutoring if you want?" Jinsoo kept his focus on the older man, who was now walking away from the young adult.

"That would be great. Tell him to attend when possible though."

That alone was enough for Jaemin to stand up from his seat, drawing the attention to him.

"Na, are you okay?" The teacher shifted his focus to meet eyes with the younger.

"I feel ill, may I go home?" The blonde had always had a thing for drama and acting in general. It was a topic that piqued his interest. So of course the teacher fell for it when he put his talent to use.

"You do look quite pale, you are dismissed. Is there anyone who lives near you?" At these words, Jaemin fixed his gaze to the ravenette who had narrowed eyes, as if he were daring the blonde to point at him at tell the teacher that he wanted Jinsoo to walk him home.

"No." Jaemin dragged his eyes away from a smirking Jinsoo, who turned to give his attention back to the rest.

"Very well then, pass the test up whenever you are ready." Jaemin picked up the half finished paper, the perfect white sheet crinkling under his touch as he leaned forward to place it into the older man's grip.

"Thank you sir. I hope to see you tomorrow!" He enthusiastically said, locking eyes with his neighbour once again before turning away to gather his things and leave.

Listening to the satisfying sound of the wooden door shutting behind him led him to race out of the building.

He needed to see the small brunette to make sure that the flawless story was in fact true.

Jaemin's suspicions had started to be crossed off as his search for evidence against the boys continued. This whole drama intrigued him and made him think twice about who he trusted.

As he approached his home, he took a deep breath, extremely nervous to talk to Jeno one on one. He had always been scared of the pair, unsure who in the relationship was off. He had come to the conclusion that it was Jinsoo, but Jeno could be the worser of the two.

That thought alone sent chills down Jaemin's back as he opened the door.

He walked to the elevator, clicking the 'open' button, but found that the lift had in fact broken down.

Today couldn't get any worse.

He heaved a sigh, dragging himself towards the stairs. As much as he hated the climb, he knew that he needed more time to think.

"Lee Jeno." The name rolled off his tongue so naturally. A small smile made its way to Jaemin's face as he started to ascend the stairs. "Lee Jeno," He repeated the name again, stopping on his hike to think.

"I wonder what's really going on."