thirty

"So you want me to keep Jinsoo and Donghyuck away from you two so that you can plan Soo's birthday party behind his back?" Mark confusedly mumbled while scratching the nape of his neck in thought. "I mean, why not?"

Renjun and Jisung sent each other a relieved look while sighing out all the fear of rejection that had built up moments prior.

"Thanks man, I mean it wouldn't be much of a party if the birthday boy knew about it, would it?" Jisung chuckled while patting the older on the back and walking away with Renjun who sent Mark a quick thumbs up.

To say the eldest was confused would have been understatement. Yes it was Jinsoo's birthday the weekend after next, but why would Jaemin and Renjun be celebrating it? He could have sworn that he had heard Jinsoo complain about a certain blonde.

But as he had been told, he shook his head and trailed over to Jinsoo and Donghyuck who strolled into the canteen right on time.

Mark side-eyed the pair who had just walked off before settling his gaze upon his best friend's boyfriend.

"C'mon Mark."

☦︎︎ఌꨄ☦︎︎

"Why do we have to celebrate that asshole's birthday?" Jaemin whined while clinging to Renjun dramatically. The Chinese merely shook the younger off, a disgusted expression settling on his face at the action of affection.

"We have an ulterior motive, Jaem, just go along with it and you'll have what you want in the end," Renjun insisted while he and Jaemin sat opposite each other in the kitchen of Jaemin's apartment, talking over a mug of coffee.

Jaemin sighed distastefully while letting his eyes stray to the condensed window. He could just about see the sight of melting snow from where he sat. The sun was glimmering in, shedding a soft golden hue into the room.

"And what is it that I want?" He asked.

All he received in return was hum of secrecy, and a quick "You'll see."

☦︎︎ఌꨄ☦︎︎

And so the next morning, preparations for the party began. Jisung and Renjun had left Jaemin and Jeno alone for a few hours, claiming to have things that needed to be done.

Neither were complaining, finding that the recent months of their growing relationship had settled any uneasiness that the pair once found in each other.

They were friends, and confidently able to say so, but even so, Jaemin had stronger emotions than the innocent friendship that the world saw this as. He knew things about Jeno that he could never forget, and that alone made his connection stronger.

"So, Jaem, what do you think of going shopping later? We need to get confetti and other decorations for the party," Jeno muttered while sweeping the venue that they had rented for what was bound to be a huge party.

"Sounds fun." Jaemin stopped dusting the webs and looked at Jeno from the top of the ladder he stood upon.

Jeno didn't look back, but he smiled happily to himself, his heart swelling at the thought of spending the day with the younger. "Cool! Can't wait~"

Jaemin smiled too, finding the brunette's obliviousness quite adorable. "Me neither."