thirty three

Make sure you saw the other update!

It wasn't like he was avoiding Jaemin, but he would have been lying if he said that finding himself being the only other person in the bathroom as they awkwardly washed their hands side-by-side would be a fun moment. It wasn't.

Jaemin was holding his breath while sending the older these quick glances, wondering if now was the right time to ask Jeno about a question that had been bugging him since their kiss last weekend.

"Jeno," he started before swallowing thickly in fear of what the reaction would be. Upon hearing a hum of acknowledgment from the other, he turned off the tap and grabbed a tissue. "Do you regret the kiss at all?" He asked with great unease.

A small noise emitted from Jeno's throat as he was put on the spot. He thought that they had agreed to put the kiss behind him, and besides, it was more dangerous for him to answer  the question than to run away. He had a boyfriend, yet he enjoyed the moment that he and Jaemin had shared.

He too turned off the tap, leaving a thick tension to settle in the air as he grazed his teeth over his lip.

"I have a boyfriend, Jaem."

Jaemin merely shook his head, a small frown forming on his face, and the once uncreased skin furrowed by the brow.

"That's not what I asked you though. Do you regret the kiss?" He repeated, his own patience wearing thin as Jeno procrastinated the inevitable answering of the question.

With a small squeak of shock, his body reacted first with a shake of the head. He leaned in and kissed Jaemin's cheek quickly before pulling away, his anger bubbling with himself for letting this situation occur in the first place.

"I don't regret it, Jaem. I loved every moment of it....But as I said, I have a boyfriend."

He turned on his heel, leaving the dumbstruck blonde to smile like an idiot.

"And that's all I need, Lee Jeno. I know what Renjun meant now, I'm getting what I want and I'm willing to fight for it!" He called, watching as the retreating figure hesitated before holding the handle of the door. "And Jeno," the younger called out again, his gaze settling as the other turned. "You should think about that."

"What?"

"There's something not quite right if you enjoy kissing your friend more than your boyfriend," he beamed, winking at the brunette while watching as he cringed in disgust.

"I'll think about it." A moment of silence followed before Jeno let a quick, 'I'll see you at the party, Jaem.'