37: Curious

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Jungk-" Before Taehyung could say any word about the sudden offer or suggestion, a loud voice of a girl beamed behind Jungkook who quickly looked back with confusion.

"Jennie? What are you doing here?" Jungkook looked slightly surprised but more excited as Taehyung looked at the girl, more closely observing her. 

She is pretty.

He thought and decided to avert his attention by sipping on the champagne, all while trying his best to avoid the pangs in his heart.

"I wanted to see you so here I am... my uncle is invited though." She quickly chirped, leaning impossibly closer to Jungkook to which the male moved back a little. He wasn't sure why he did so but having Taehyung beside him made him feel awkward with the proximity. 

"He is that model Taehyung, right?" She pointed towards Taehyung in realization who just nodded his head with a small smile when suddenly, she took a step closer to him, stretching her hand.

"Jennie.. nice to meet you in person." She introduced herself with a smile and Taehyung hesitantly shook the hand, not finding the touch comfortable. Jungkook just focused on the word.. model.

That's why he changes his hair colors more often.

He concluded in his mind.

"Well.. what are you doing here?" The raven-haired heard Jennie inquiring again and finally decided to jump into the conversation.

"He is the next CEO of Kim's enterprise," Jungkook informed him with a glint of pride in his voice, looking up at Taehyung when the latter shared a little glance before looking back at the glass.

"Wow, never expected that the famous model will be the richest businessman." Jungkook chuckled at her awestruck expression.

Taehyung felt a bit awkward with both, Jennie tried her best to lean more on Jungkook but the raven-haired male was trying his best not to touch her, out of the blue very aware of his surroundings and the company.

In a very awkward moment, Taehyung tried to check his phone which made him lean forward by slipping from his hand but he caught that before it could crash on the floor. Although, during that jerk to his body, his chain peeked out of his coat, now resting over his suit.

The silver shiny ring didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook who bore his eyes on the silver piece, more than intended. 

Jimin was back and when he saw Jungkook standing near Taehyung, he quickly stepped forward and sneaked his hand over Taehyung's shoulder, to which the other got surprised.

"It's me, dear," Jimin assured in a sweet voice, leaning more to kiss Taehyung's hair affectionately. Jennie was again surprised to see another familiar face, on top of that, this much close to the model.

"Oh my.. Park Jimin.. right?"

"Yes. And you?" Jimin asked a bit confused, not forgetting to stay more close to Taehyung and the reason was Jungkook staring at his hand over Taehyung's shoulder.

"I am Jennie. We were in the same high school." She chirped again and pondered over that for a while, Jimin slightly nodded with a smile.

"I see. Nice to meet you." She smiled widely at his words, now looking more satisfied at the party. 

Taehyung was feeling awkward as Jimin was never been this much clingy before but today he was acting strange. He also noticed that Jimin was doing that more in front of Jungkook.