Chapter 6 - A Bitter-Sweet Surprise

Kurro will forever be baguette boi. 

Also, if you haven't drank water; go drink water, remember to eat, and remember to get some GODAM SLEEP. 

_________________________________________________

You were finally done packing, tomorrow was the day of your flight. It also happened to be the first day of the Volleyball summer camp. Sure, you promised Daichi that you'd try your best to stay; but you knew if you stayed for the camp.. You wouldn't be able to bring yourself to  leave them.

' I'm doing the right thing, right? " You asked Cooper, Cooper whined out in response. He had become the convenience store's guard dog, and frankly he loved it. Everyone seemed to like it better here- but you couldn't bring yourself to leave your old life completely behind.

You looked up when you heard knocking, Ukai was standing in the doorway with a gift box.

" Look, I know I can't make up for all the birthdays I've missed, but.. " He trailed off for a moment, he wasn't good at this sappy stuff.

" I think this will make everything a lot easier for everyone, " He added in, smiling as he put the box down on your desk. You could tell he was trying his best; Once he closed the door, you got up off the floor and opened the pretty box.

You looked down at the (your favorite color) phone. " He.. got me a phone.." you mumbled out to yourself as you opened it up, and looked through it. It had every single one of the team members emails,

" even if you were going to leave them. You could still talk to them- that should be more than enough, right?" you thought to yourself, Putting the phone down.

*Ting*

You jolted up when it made a weird vibration noise. Slowly turning towards it, and opening it reluctantly.

From: Shoyo Hinata __ Orangeboss @ email.com

There's an emergency in the gym, you NEED to come here. Hurry please.

" There's a WHAT? " You blurted out, fumbling around your room. Grabbing the nearest hoodie, and slipping on your sneakers. They were half on when you bolted out of the house, yelling something along the lines of.

" GYM, EMERGENCY, HINATA, BYE! " to your father.

You ignored the fact that your legs felt like jelly as you ran down the trail. You arrived, barely breathing. You noticed the gym's lights were off-

' Was I too late? '

You walked closer- sliding the gym door open. Stumbling back when the lights suddenly turned on, and the team emerged from behind a makeshift table.

" Happy Birthday (y/n)! "

The streamers went off, covering you in glitter and confetti.

You felt tears roll down your cheeks, as you stared at the sign, they made- Sure the sign was pretty ugly, their handwriting sucked. However the thought is what counted.

This was the first time you had a proper birthday. All those prayers of having friends, and family to celebrate it with paid off.

" Eh- did we break her..? " Nishinoya questioned,

" Yeah- it's a surprise, you're not supposed to cry Baka-! " Tanaka added in.

Daichi, and Suga smiled, knowing that Hinata's and Kageyama's plan worked.

" Hey, it's okay.. " Daichi mumbled out, pulling you towards the table.

" We got you a cake! " Hinata blurted out, pointing to (your favorite flavored) cake.

" But I'm the one who found it! " Kageyama stated, trying to one up Hinata.

So you spent the rest of the night cutting the cake, and messing around with the guys.

" Hey (y/n), " Someone behind you said,

" Yeah what's u- " You turned around, and Tskui smeared frosting all over your nose.

" Oh you did not.. " You stated, glaring up at him. You could see the slight glimpse of regret in his eyes as you chased after him with a fistfull of frosting.

Let's just say- you got your revenge on him, with the help of Tanaka and Kageyama pinning him down.

Asahi decided to walk you home that night, especially since you needed help to carry your gifts.

" Hey (y/n), I know this might be stepping the line but, do you think this changed your mind? " Asahi questioned.

You paused, thought about it for a moment. ' Did it change my mind? '

" You know what, it's none of my business.. But I just want you to know we'll miss you. " He added in, putting the gifts down. Waving you goodbye as he turned away. Poor guy was flustered, and frightened that he was too overbearing from asking a simple question.

You hulled the boxes upstairs and arranged them around you, opening them one by one.

Sugawara got you your own new volleyball,

Daichi had gotten you postcards from various places in Japan

Asahi, Tanka, and Nishinoya got you cards

Yamaguchi got Cooper a dog toy, and you some stationary

Tsuki gave you a high five earlier-

Hinata wrote you a letter with Kageyama.

You rolled onto bed, and opened it.

Dear (y/n),

Happy birthday! We wanted to surprise you, since this might be one of the last times we'll see you. Me and Kageyama arent good with words, but you brought the best out of everyone. I don't think the team will be the same without you, please come and visit.. We need you.

- From Hinata, and Kageyama

You let out a muffled sigh- holding the letter close. Realizing on the bottom there were tear stains- they did need you. And, you needed them. 

_______________________________________

Oya? owo