13 - Success #1

I cashed in the chips and ran back over to Oscar

I cashed in the chips and ran back over to Oscar. He grabbed me by the waist, "You ready hermosa?" I nodded and bit my bottom lip slightly. He held onto me as we walked quickly to the exit. The other Santos were close behind us. We all walked out and got into the car. None of us spoke or made any sounds until Oscar had pulled out of the parking lot and driven a few miles down the road. 

I turned to Oscar and smiled. Then I turned around and smiled at the guys. "We did it." They frowned, "You did?" I nodded, "We did!" Everybody in the car got hype as hell. Oscar drove us back to his house and we all got out and went inside. Santi shouted as soon as we got inside, "I can't believe we did that shit!" Oscar nodded his head, "We did compa." I pulled the money out of my purse and put it onto the living room table. Oscar walked up behind me and placed his hands on my waist. He leaned into my ear, "You did amazing." I nodded, "Thank you." 

He pressed himself up on me. I needed to leave before I started forgetting my entire reason for working with him. I pulled away from him, "I should go. I haven't checked in with my mom." Sad Eyes sucked his teeth as he opened up a bottle of Tito's, "Aww, come on Rose! You gotta stay and celebrate with us!" Santi nodded. I looked over at Oscar who was staring at me, waiting on my answer. Before I said anything he cut in, "She's right. She should go check in with her family." Sad Eyes nodded, "Okay, well are you coming back tomorrow? We gotta discuss the new.." Oscar cut him off again, "She said she has to go compa." 

I frowned slightly. "I'll see you guys later." 

Oscar grabbed my wrist, "Hold on." He leaned over and picked up one of the stacks from the money on the table. Then he placed it into my hand. "That's for you. Thank you again." I nodded, "Thank you." Then I turned and left, closing the door behind me. I walked across the street and knocked on the front door.

My mom opened the door with her hands on her hips. "And just where have you been?" She looked me up and down, "And why are you dressed like that?" I sighed. "Ma, can I just come inside please. I'm tired." She shook her head, "Uh uh, I don't think so. If you can't tell me where you've been and what you've been up to then you need to go back to where you came from." I rolled my eyes, "I was with the Santo across the street." She frowned, "Why?" "I helped them pull off something." I reached into my purse and handed her half of the money I had earned. She thumbed through it, impressed. "Nice." 

She moved to the side and let me in. I saw my sister, Paloma. She ran up to me and hugged me, "Where have you been puta?!" I laughed a little, "Sorry, I had to handle some things." "Some things with the Santo's leader?"

I frowned. "What?"

She crossed her arms across her chest. "Yeah, I found out some things today. He has a little brother, Cesar. He told me so much about him and his brother. Apparently Spooky has been raising him his whole life."

I nodded. "That explains their closeness. What else did you learn?" She started smirking. "I also learned that Cesar is a really good kisser." My eyes shot open, "Wait? Did you?" She nodded and smiled. I sighed, "Just remember the rule." She nodded, "I know, never fall in love." 

I watched as her smile faded on her face. Then watched her walk back upstairs to our room. I hated that weren't able to let ourselves be loved or liked. Mom wouldn't allow us to have a boyfriend anyways, but we always had our guard up. I started thinking about Oscar and the way that we were with each other tonight. The way he held me and talked to me. It made me feel things that I haven't felt in a long time. I shook my head and cleared my head of any thoughts of him. 

Mom was sitting in the living room talking to some really pretty girl with orange hair. Before I could make my way over to introduce myself I felt a brush across my arm. I turned and was face to face with Dahlia. She looked me up and down. "You like nice." I nodded, "Thank you." "So you were with the Santo huh?" I nodded. "Are you still sticking to your plan?" "Of course." She smiled slyly and walked around me. Then whispered in my ear, "Just remember what I said."

I frowned a little. Then I turned around and she was gone. 

"Rose, come here and introduce yourself to Iliana. She's Dahlia's roommate." 

I walked into the living room and extended my hand to her. "Hi, I'm Rose." She shook my head. "You're gorgeous girl!" I blushed a little, "Thank you." I sat down on the couch next to my mom. "So what did you help the Santos pull off tonight?" "Just some underground gambling." She nodded, "Cool. Well, if you ever need any poisons, toxins or just something to knock someone out, let me know." I frowned up slightly. "Uh, okay?"

"Rose, go on upstairs. We'll talk more in the morning okay."

I nodded. As I walked upstairs my phone went off. I looked down at it and it was a message from Oscar. 

"You did good tonight. See you tomorrow hermosa."

I smiled at his message. Probably a little harder than I should have. 

___________________________________________________

What is up with Dahlia?

Do you think Oscar and Rose are starting to fall for each other?