Prologue

Lane P.O.V
You know the feeling of when you don't want to go somewhere? You ever feel like running away from all your problems? You just want to leave that one thing behind?

My father's house is like that. I just want to get away.....run away. No father would blame their wife's death on their daughter. He did though. My father blames me for her death.

To be honest she was on the sidewalk when she crossed the road and the car didn't stop. The person who hit her was arrested since my father found him watching everything unfold in that dreaded street.

I wanted to run away. Start a life where I fall in love, get married but I couldn't have any of that stuff because of my father. Everyone thinks of me as the girl who's mother died from getting hit by a car.

People don't talk to me usually except my only friend Kyla. She was the one to only be there. She was the one that was there when my mom died, when my dad first hit me.

The night kind of reminds me of my world sometimes. It's dark. My life isn't great I don't even have a family person to talk to, to visit. All my family just doesn't talk to me.

I see a guy with a hoodie on sitting on the bench where you can over look the cliff. The night was silent. The wind blowing my hair to the left.

What was the guy doing? He wouldn't talk to me. Why was I so curious?

My feet make the rocks of where I was standing make noise. Then the guy turned around. I couldn't see his face.

"Sorry" I say to the unknown guy.

"It's fine" the guy says turning around looking out at the cliff again.

It was like two in the morning. What was he doing out here? To be fare I was out too.

"Do you mind if I sit?" I ask him walking up to the bench.

"Yeah...go head" he says nodding his head while scooting over to the other side.

"So what's the occasion?" He asks turning to look at me.

"Oh um...just wanted to see the night" I say shrugging my shoulders.

I was surprised this guy was even trying to talk to
me. Did he know who I was? Oh wait it's dark out so no he doesn't.

"Why are you out here?" I ask him turning to look at the cliff again.

"I just needed to get out" he says shrugging his shoulders.

"At two in the morning?" I say chuckling.

"Yeah..I am weird" he says nodding his head.

"What's your name?" He asks me not moving his head to look at me.

"Lane" I say giving him a nod.

"I'm Knox" he says giving me a nod back.
————//////———————////////————————
Thank you for reading.
Until next time my loves.❤️