Chapter 6

Knox P.O.V (Knox's parents house above)
"Hey mom my friend is coming over later." Julia says grabbing the potato chips from the pantry.

"What are you guys working on?" My mom asks cutting up vegetables.

"Um..a project talking about our lives." Julia says shrugging her shoulders stuffing her mouth full of chips.

"Knox do you have a partner?" My mom asks looking over at me from Julia.

"Mike is coming over tomorrow." I say sitting at the kitchen island.

"Well maybe she could stay for dinner?" Mom says putting the vegetables into the pan on the stove talking to Julia.

The doorbell rings. I looked at my sister and ran to the door. Of course I was first to get there and Julia gave me the evil eyes.

There she was. Lane. She was there she looked sad though. I could see right through her eyes.

"Hey come on in..don't bother to even acknowledge my brother is here." She says chuckling taking Lane's coat away from her grip.

"Thanks." She says in her sweet voice.

"Mom this is my partner Lane remember for the project?" Julia says going into the kitchen with Lane and me following right after her.

I could feel her being tense. I could feel the tension. I could feel her sadness if that's even possible.

"Oh it's nice to meet you?" My mom says shaking Lane's hand.

"Well we are going upstairs..Knox don't bother me and my new friend." Julia says hitting my shoulder.

"Don't worry I've already met her." I say with a smirk on my face looking at Lane.

"Whatever Knox lets go Lane." She says walking up the spiral staircase.

I sit back at the kitchen table. My mom gives me a weird look.

"What is it mom?" I ask setting my phone down on the marble countertop.

"Nothing.."she says raising her eyebrows.

"What's nothing?" My dad asks from the walkway next to the kitchen.

"Knox has a crush on a girl." My mom says making me get red and rolling my eyes.

"No I don't mom." I say chuckling to myself.

"I know how you looked at her Knox." She says turning off the stove.

"How come I'm never home to see this?" My dad says kissing my moms forehead.

He was so nice to her. When I was younger I always wanted a love like they have. It's been what was always missing in my life.

"Your to busy playing football." I say pushing my chair in.

"Well I'm going to do homework." I say sighing and walking up the stairs.

As I walk up the stairs I hear Julia and Lane laugh. Lane sounded like an angel. It made my heart race like never before. It made me feel a type of way.
—////——///—-//-//-/-/-////-/-/-//-/
Thank you for reading my loves.❤️