Chapter 1

The morning sunshine wakes me right up. It's moments like this I wish I could live forever in. But that's not my real world. My real world is cruel. The outside world is great for people.

But people don't know what it's like to have an abusive dad. Not until he hits you and you start to feel worthless until your used to it.

I usually wake up right when the sun comes up. But I stayed looking at the cliff until four. Me and Knox talked for an hour.

I knew I would never see him again. It just hurt that I wouldn't, he was one person that actually got me. Of course I didn't say anything about my dad. I haven't told anyone.

I walk slowly out the door trying to not make any noise. I didn't need to wake him up from his drinking the previous night.

The wind was cold blowing against my hair and my cloths. It woke me up even more than I was.

I lived in a dumpy neighborhood where some houses where teared down. Not the rich side of town where football stars live. I didn't have money like them.

School was a ten minute walk from my house. I had to go all alone. No one picked me up like your best friends do when your in high school. Not my reality.

Once I get to school the buses where already there. The teenagers walked in the colliders and outside. There's hell.

Surprisingly this high school wasn't dumpy like my neighborhood. It was somewhere I could go. To be honest I spend my time in the library. The library is were I go to get away.

Every morning I just sit there and read a book. The characters always have a some what good life. They could tell there own destiny. That's the crazy part.

I sit down at the brown table with no one at it but me. No one ever was in the library in the morning. At lunch yes but not any other time of day.

Though a guy sits down across from me. He has black hair and green eyes. He looked familiar for some reason. I just decided to ignore it.

The bell rings suddenly making me wish I could just hid under the table. I didn't ever want to go to class. I didn't like talking to people. Maybe if they weren't looking at me.

The only one I could trust was Kyla but she had other friends. I'm just a friend she talks to a occasionally.

I swing my book bag over my shoulder ignoring the boy still sitting there. I didn't have anything to say.

I headed to my first class which was English. God my least favorite class. I take a seat in the back like always.

Everyone just looks forward not behind to see me. Why would anyone?

"Mr. Ford your late." Mrs. Still stops writing on the chalkboard.

"Um..sorry miss I had some work to catch up on." He's says taking a seat in front of me.

"Back to class." She says pointing at the chalkboard.

"You will have ten minutes to write something and share with the class if you want to." Mrs. Still says sitting at her desk.

What the hell do I write?

"Don't know what to write either?" The guy from the library says turning around.

I don't look up at him. What's I going to say something? No I wasn't. But I did?

"I have an idea." I say sighing getting a piece of paper.

"Well...good for you." He says turning around in his seat.

God what was his problem? Now back to writing. What do I write?

I start writing random lines from the beginning of the page.

My hands can't figure out how to hold you? Does it bother you you can't do the same?
The night is an escape for you. It's were you look out at the beautiful cliff.
We started to talk. Even though no one talks to me. You didn't even mind. I don't even know you so I call you unknown.
Our story ended an hour later when you left and walked away. Will I ever find you again?

I stop writing my thoughts down. Was I really this broken.

"Miss Vince do you mind sharing your thoughts?" Mrs. Still asks me walking up to me.

I shake my head violently. No way someone could hear this. Not when someone could be this Knox guy. It would sound like I loved him? I only met him once.

"Well then I will read it." She says taking my paper and walking back up to the classroom.

Shit. As she starts reading it I lay my head down in embarrassment. I didn't want them to hear it.

After she read it she looked at me and nods her head and smiles. Did she like it?

"Very good Mrs. Vince where the inspiration?" She asks sitting the paper down on the desk.

"I don't actually know." I say in a low voice shrugging my shoulders.

"Well it was very good." She says nodding her head.

Did everyone actually like it? Or was I crazy?

The bell rings telling everyone class is over. Every teenager in the room run out of the room. I walk slowly. I don't run I genuinely walk.

"Hey I really liked what you wrote." The guy says from the desk that was in front of me.

"Thanks?" I say but it sounding more like a question.

"What's your name?" He asks me handing his hand out.

"Lane" I say shaking it looking down.

"I'm Knox" he says making me look up pretty fast.

Was it? It couldn't be.
———————-////————-///————-///————-/
Thank you for reading.
Until next time my loves❤️