Chapter 4

Knox P.O.V
I walk into first period. I was determined to figure out why Lane was running. It bothered me really bad. Did she think I was going to hurt her?

"Hey bro." Mike says high-fiving me.

"Hey." I say nodding my head while my eyes search the classroom for Lane.

She wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere. What happened? I knew she lived over at the poor part of town.

"Ok...attention class...you will be assigned a partner for this next project... it will be due next week...you are to write a five page essay on things in your life like what you like, what's new in
your life, your lifestyle. Things like that." She says writing the instructions on the board.

"We are not working in class on this...so you guys can find your own time to do this." She says sitting in her chair.

"Ok...Wyatt and Lexi. Tristian and Kenny. Julia and Lane. Mike and Knox." She coutures to say more names but I don't listen.

Lane was going to be working with my sister? On there time? Lane wasn't even here.

"Lane take the hood off." Mrs. Still says pointing to the desk on the opposite side of me in the back.

That's why I didn't notice her. She was hiding? Was she hiding from me.

"Ok getting back to class now." She says chuckling to herself and walking behind her desk.
———-////——————///———————///
"Yo Knox!" Kyle yells bumping my shoulder.

"What man?" I ask sighing in my locker.

"There's this girl in my math class.." his voices fades out like in the movies as I see a man standing outside the office.

He doesn't have a nice face on him. He's big and tough. He looks evil and it doesn't feel right.

Out the corner of my eye I see a girl with a hoodie walk past me. I focus my eyes on the back of her head. She walks up to the man but he doesn't notice because He's looking directly at me giving me the evil eyes.

I look at Lane I'm guessing it is again. She looks like she wants to crawl under a hole. Like she was scared? What the hell?

"Man you got it bad?" He says finally the first thing I hear has I fade out of my own mind.

"Shut up..what were you saying?" I ask shutting my locker.

"I said I asked out this girl in math class and she said yes so you need to tell me we're to take her." He says punching my shoulder.

"I don't know take her to fucking dinner?" I say laughing.

"Your no help dude." He says walking away.

I look at the man and Lane I think standing there. He looked pissed of at something. I wonder what it was?

But he would never take anger out on a girl right?
——///————////———-///———////———///——-
Thank you for reading.
Until next time my loves.❤️