2 - The Start Of A Plan

An early afternoon breeze blew across the Monastery's courtyard - Master Wu was patiently sipping tea on the porch, waiting for his students to return. As little as he admits it, he was incredibly proud of all that his students have gone through - his job as a ninja master was never an easy one, especially when new problems arise. 

Pixal approached Master Wu from the building. 

"Master Wu, the ninja have returned safely - they've found Jupiter. They're all down in the secret base right now," She informed him. The old man sighed in relief and stood up slowly. He followed Pixal down to the secret base under the Monastery and was ready to welcome back his students, all seven of them.

"I am so glad you are okay, Jupiter," He said, joining the group on the main floor of the base. They had just arrived from their visit to Kryptarium and had news to spill. 

"Thank you, Master Wu, but I don't think we can celebrate just yet," Jupiter said tentatively. 

"She's right - we have a new problem on our hands." Nya exclaimed

"Oh, is that so? What is it?" The old master asked in a concerned manner. If there was ever a threat to Ninjago, he should definitely know about it. After all, this was his father's realm, the First Spinjitzu Master, and as his son, he had a great responsibility over the safety of Ninjago.

"How does aliens sound?" Jay proposed. "Because that's probably what we're dealing with now."

Wu's eyebrow's raised in bewilderment at the lightning ninja's statement. He grasped his staff tightly and questioned; 

"Aliens? I don't think I've ever heard of aliens being a threat here - did you come a across one?"

"Yes," Zane affirmed. "Her name is Sigma, and Marcus from Kryptarium tells us she is something called a Kosmikile - alien but resembling serpentine. Her presence in Ninjago may have something to do with her needing to find fuel."

Master Wu relaxed his posture a bit. "Oh - well, I'm sure we can find fuel - there are plenty of gas stati--"

"No Master, I don't think it's anything like that." Jupiter interrupted. "Marcus told me that somewhere in Ninjago, she has a mothership full of Kosmikiles - I don't think she's looking for just any fuel. She's probably looking for stardust."

"What do you mean 'stardust'? You're elemental powers?" The old man queried. 

"I don't know. Back in Azure Valley, there was this jewel - A Sky Jewel - I was corrupted by it when I was crowned Empress but soon Sigma appeared demanding for it so there has to be some connection between her and stardust." The lilac ninja responded in a distressed manner. 

Master Wu turned away from the ninja in deep confusion. He has never encountered anything like what they were describing - he also had no clue what 'Azure Valley' is or why another one of his students became a corrupted ruler but that wasn't the important part. They had to prepare for something they won't expect. He looked back at his students.

"This 'Sky Jewel' that you've seen - where is it?" He asked.

"She destroyed it," Kai piped in. "But let's hope Sigma doesn't go back for the pieces."

Zane plastered a smirk on his nindroid face. 

"That would be unlikely - I took the shards left on the ground of the palace in hope to study them. I have them right here-" He pulled a small cloth out from his pocket, inside were tiny bits and pieces of the shattered jewel. Cries of relief filled the secret base - Marcus said that as long as Sigma didn't have the jewel, there could be hope. Even if the jewel is a few shards of glass, at least she doesn't have it. 

"Nice going, Zane!" Lloyd exclaimed. "Now we need a plan - first let's see what's up with this jewel - there's got to be something special about it."

"Zane and I can take a look at it." Pixal affirmed. She took the jewel from Zane's hands and headed to a work table. 

"What should we do in the meantime then?" Cole asked. "We're practically going into this adventure blindfolded! Marcus gave us some intel but is it enough?" 

"Maybe we can try doing some good ol' research." Jay suggested. "There has to be some book or website in Ninjago with something about Kosm--Kosmo--Ko---"

"Kosmikiles, Jay," Nya said, shaking her head with a small smile. "That's a good idea. We should head to the public library in Ninjago City while Zane and Pixal stay here and investigate that jewel."

Everyone nodded in agreement - it was definitely a good start to whatever they have to deal with. Master Wu also agreed to try and find an answer in one of his father's books - as Jay said, there has to be something, somewhere, with more answers.