11 - Change of Plans

"What do you mean she went there alone? How could you let her go alone, Lloyd?" Kai fumed. 

They had all gathered back on the deck once they realised the Sky Jewel was gone, along with the seventh ninja. Again. It was still dark outside, but dawn was approaching soon, as well as potential disaster.

"I tried, okay?" Lloyd said, brushing a hand through his hair in distress. "But after her staff broke, I guess she got upset and flew away."

"Oh, nice going, Lloyd; breaking people's staffs!" jeered the lightning ninja. 

"It was an ACCIDENT " Lloyd assured in return.

"Guys! Come on! We have to focus - If Sigma finds her, that's one bad thing. But if Sigma finds out she has the Sky Jewel on her, then who knows what'll happen!" Cole inputted, pacing around. "How far are we right now, Nya?" 

Nya went over to the computer to look; 

"We're almost in its range - but Jupiter's probably already there. If we're gonna find her and Sigma in time, we have to get the Bounty below the clouds." 

"Then let's do it." Cole affirmed. 

Nya descended their ship beneath the clouds; they were above a remote desert, far from any civilisation. In the distance, they spotted it; a colossal aircraft encased in shining dark metal. On either side of the ship, there were two loading decks, stretched along the tough walls, providing access to the inside of the ship. 

"Well, would you look at that. Sigma's mothership." Jay said, marvelling at the great floating structure. 

"I'll let Master Wu and Pixal know we've found it. In the meantime, let's land the Bounty; we don't want to draw any attention." Zane recommended. Nya swerved their flying ship to a reasonable distance. She then let the boat descend to the sandy ground behind a huge wall of boulders. 

"Alright - everyone grab any weapon that has some form of natural gold on it, just in case - Kosmikiles are said to be weakened by gold," Lloyd told the team. They all rummaged through the chests and storage spaces for any weapon hinted with gold, whether it was a sword, a bow and arrow, or anything for that matter. There was a suggestion to use the four legendary golden weapons, but they decided they were too risky to use in this situation, since they had to be as stealthy as possible when boarding the obscure aircraft. Who knows what could happen. 

Eventually, the six ninja rushed out onto the sand, and eyed the huge mothership, hovering not very far from them.  Lloyd signalled with his hand, and they all followed him towards the ship. With their ninja masks on, they ran across the sand and got close enough to be just under it. 

"Okay, how do we get up there?" Nya questioned her team. 

"It's like you all forgot-" Kai shook his head with a smug attitude. He readied himself in a stance and in just a few memorised movements, he lifted off the ground and took to the air, carrying himself to the mothership's loading deck. 

"Of course - airjitzu!" Cole recalled, and followed in Kai's surprisingly smart suggestion.

"I thought we agreed it was called 'Cyclondo'!" Jay commented, following the rest of his friends in temporary flight. Soon, they were all prepped on the ship's floors, ready to sneak inside. 

Suddenly, a deep loud horn blared from the ship. 

"Woah woah - what's that!?" Kai exclaimed.

The six heroes looked to the top of the ship, where a huge antenna had risen and instantly blasted a hemisphere of light, stretching around the ship and anything in a close radius. The orb of light seemed to trap the aircraft, the ninja and the distant Bounty in some sort of sphere. 

"Is that a force field? Did they spot us?" Nya gasped. 

"I hope not," Cole replied.  "Whatever's happening, we still need to go inside and find--" 

Without warning, a blinding flash of light burst from the mysterious antenna of the mothership - the ninja ducked for cover from whatever was happening, but it was only a few moments before the brief chaos was over. The light from the ship faded and their vision cleared up again. 

"Okay, what the heck was that?" Jay finally spoke, getting back on his feet. But his teammates were all gaping at something else.

Ninjago City stood in front of them, the extensive land of skyscrapers, roads and buildings, all glowing in the daytime light. The mothership had teleported all the way here, unknowingly bringing the ninja and the Bounty with them. Confusion flooded each of their heads; was it already too late? 

Either way, they had to get inside that ship and stop Sigma, once and for all.