12 - Is Hope Lost?

In a brief puff of violet smoke, Jupiter reappeared, but in a different part of the ship; she was in the lab she saw earlier, through the large window. Still restrained by the metal around her wrists and ankles, she opened her eyes to see her sudden new location. At that moment, the mellow voice of the leader erupted from the loudspeakers around the synthetic lab:

"Scientists and engineers, you may put your excuses aside; the girl in lilac will power the extractor - her elemental power is sure to suffice."

The alien-engineers all looked at each other, then at the perplexed ninja who had appeared out of nowhere. One of the Kosmikiles proceeded to speak back to Sigma through an intercom:

"But Chief, the wiring of the device is not made to conduct the energy an elemental being holds - it was made to conduct what the Sky Jewel would've held. What if--"

"I SAID DO IT, OR ELSE I WILL DECOMPOSE ALL OF YOU!" The woman barked back through the speakers. Hastily, the scientists adjusted the machine, preparing to unleash it to Ninjago City. Jupiter was forcefully shoved into a tight chamber and immediately was hooked up to the weapon. There were still tentative looks and mumbles amongst the workers, but whatever the Chief says, goes. 

"Turn on the ignition, let it charge and we'll elevate it to the upper deck," ordered one of the Kosmikiles. 

Jupiter tried to use her powers to free herself from the heavily secured chains and wires, but unfortunately, it was no good. The dense alien metal and material used to keep her down was like none she'd ever come across. Besides that, her plan of making a deal with Sigma totally backfired; if only she wasn't so distracted by knowing the truth about her powers, then she never would've left the Bounty alone. The girl sulked as she watched the nervous aliens scatter around, maintaining Sigma's weapon and preparing to suck the life out of Ninjago City.

* * *

Kai, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Jay and Nya stood uncertainly in the mothership's industrial halls, gazing at the endless levels above and below them. Getting inside wasn't so hard; all they had to do now was find Jupiter, find Sigma and stop the weapon from doing any damage. 

"There's no time to lose - which way do we go?" Cole questioned the team. Surprisingly to them, they hadn't come into contact with any aliens - it was as if the ship was empty. But it wasn't until they heard a loud commotion erupt from the far section of the ship. Heavy clanking and banging of metal along with the whirring of complex mechanics gave them the impression that Sigma's masterplan has already taken action. 

"That way - follow that noise!" Kai exclaimed, leading the team down the drab metallic passageways towards the action. They all sprinted through the ship, parkouring down railings and leaping over gaps. As they got closer and closer to the sound of growing chaos, they finally reached a long white corridor with a pristine white door at the end, that lead straight to the section of the ship where Sigma, Jupiter and the rest of the aliens probably were. 

"Erm, guys?" Nya spoke, poking her brother in the arm. Kai turned to see what the issue was; an extensive group of Kosmikiles had spotted them and had all gathered to prevent the intruders from getting near their Chief and interfering with her plan.

"Ohh god- lots of aliens," Jay breathed in shock. 

"It's okay guys, we have our gold-inclusive weapons," Lloyd reminded them, clutching his sword. "There's no way they can--"

"Seize them!" A tough-looking Kosmikile growled. At that instant, the dozen or so aliens charged at the ninja, threatening them with unusual weapons planted on their wrists - devices that shot out balls of a broiling hot substance that solidified into a hard material almost instantly. 

Zane ducked quickly as an alien shot at him; he watched the ball of goo smash into the wall and stiffen.  

"They seem to be using some sort of quick-drying substance against us!" He yelled amidst the chaos. 

"It's like alien cement!" Kai yelped in response, dodging the multiple shots fired at him. 

The fire ninja finally pulled out the gold-inclusive katana from his scabbard and defended himself with it before a Kosmikile could grab his arm

The fire ninja finally pulled out the gold-inclusive katana from his scabbard and defended himself with it before a Kosmikile could grab his arm. The katana immediately burnt the skin of the alien, sending it stumbling back in pain and shock. 

"Hey, guys! The gold actually works!" He exclaimed, intimidating the other aliens around him with his weapon. The other ninja all readied themselves with their weapons too, attacking the incoming shots and assaults that were being thrown at them, but as much as they persisted, more and more Kosmikiles emerged from the halls and rooms of the ship's section, each wielding foreign wrist devices. 

"There's more of them!" Cole shrieked, shaking off the hardened goo off his hammer. It wasn't long before they were completely outnumbered and surrounded by the stardust-stealing Kosmikiles.