5 - The Next Stage

It was a good thing Jupiter left her old motorbike at the apartment building. With the shiny yet mysterious stone in her pocket, she started her old bike. It rumbled as she rode back onto the streets to the Monastery - in her head nothing was making sense. Thoughts and information floated around but she felt that there was nothing to connect it all; Why did her mother keep this from her? Was she even telling the truth? And what does this all have to do with Sigma's potential attack?

It wasn't long before she was at the steps of the Monastery again. Inside, the other ninja were huddled by Zane and Pixal, who were done investigating the broken Sky Jewel.

"We did a bit of reverse engineering and put it back together again-" Pixal explained to the ninja. "We hoped it would give us more of an insight to how it functions."

"What!? But now Sigma will definitely come for it!" Kai blurted.

"Not unless we find a way to use it against her," Zane retorted. "This jewel is made of foreign materials and elements. We are still not sure on why it is so important to her."

"I think I know why," Jupiter said, walking in from the secret base's entrance. Heads turned to see the lilac ninja arriving.

"Ah - you're finally back - where did you run off to after you abandoned us at the snooze-fest?" Cole joked.

"That part doesn't matter - what matters is this." She said, showing the rock to her friends.

"A....rock?" The blue ninja questioned.

"Not just any rock - when I held it, it felt exactly like when I held the Sky Jewel. Maybe that could be a clue." She explained. Inside, she was fizzing with irritation and confusion, but she tried hard not to show it.

"Well, we found out something too - Sigma and the other potential Kosmikiles are very likely here for stardust. Turns out everything has got some stardust in it, and she'll most likely be coming to Ninjago City to take it." said Lloyd.

"Then we better find her ship and stop her before reality as we know it is destroyed." The lilac ninja proclaimed.

"And how exactly do we find a ship we've never seen before?" Kai queried, looking at the rest of the team. Silence fell as the gears in their heads began turning.

"How about we fly in the Bounty, and I'll find a way to increase the radar's coverage so we get a larger view of what's out there - any mothership would show up on it." Nya pointed out. It was their only shot.

The next stage of their investigation was set. They took the stone and the restored Sky Jewel up to their majestic flying ship. Soon, they were in the air above the Monastery, in search for the villain.