18 - Cornered

After minutes of stealthily moving around the deck, Cole, Zane and Jupiter had finally reached the giant glass capsule, all without being seen by Sigma and her followers. 

"Okay, Zane - pass me that astralstone. Cole, you try and break the glass," Jupiter instructed. As she held the Sky Jewel in one hand, Zane carefully gave her the stone in the other. The jewel responded to the situation by heating up and glowing softly again. 

"You'll have to collect the dust as soon as Cole breaks the glass," Zane added. "There's no room for error." 

"Easier said than done." Cole inputted. His arms quickly glowed a bright amber colour as he prepared for a hefty earth punch, but suddenly, a blast echoed from the ship's interior - the floor rumbled and tipped to the side abruptly, causing the earth ninja to fall over. 

"What's happening?" Jupiter blurted, still clutching the two valuable artefacts.

Zane analysed the situation and within a few seconds, provided an answer;

"The ship's systems seem to be failing - I assume it has something to do with the destruction of the extractor's circuitry." He said. The other two looked at each other with wide eyes. 

Cole got back up from the ground. "Then I guess we better hurry before this whole ship goes down!" 

"I don't think so!"

The three ninja turned their heads - the Chief of the Kosmikiles had cornered them, pointing two alien wrist-weapons at them. Jupiter cautiously hid the Sky Jewel behind her back. The ship violently rocked to the side again as another deafening bang vibrated the ship's infrastructure. 

Zane took a step forward, fists clenched as his elemental ice began forming. Behind him, Cole and Jupiter stayed alert, watching Sigma's every move. 

"Don't you dare touch that capsule. I've worked too hard to get here and I'm not letting any pathetic elementals stop me!" She growled furiously, as she edged her way towards the three ninja. 

Zane released the frigid ice from his hands and flung it towards the villain, but before she was frozen solid, she pulled out the dust from her pouch and disappeared in the smoke and mist. A few brief seconds of confusion fell over the heroes; 

"What-- Where did she go?" Cole breathed in shock. 

Suddenly, a puff of violet smoke emerged out of nowhere, and Sigma reappeared again, this time clutching Jupiter from behind in a chokehold. In the lilac ninja's fists, she kept the Sky Jewel close, despite being stifled by the four-armed villain's grasp. She gasped for breath as she tried to free herself, but Sigma was persistent - the Kosmikile aimed her weapon at Cole and Zane, forcing them to back up slowly. 

"Not another step! Or else your friend will not be spared!" she snarled. 

Sigma kept Jupiter in her clasp, guarding the large capsule of shimmering dust. 

"It's too late for you! Your city is nothing but city of lifeless ruins! In this capsule is the stardust of your friends, your families! There is nothing you can do now!" Sigma gloated, maliciously tightening the hold on Jupiter's neck. 

Out of nowhere, another blast of alien goo immediately flew past Cole and Zane's heads, flying straight into Sigma's long untamed red hair. She gasped in disgust as she hastily tried to remove the substance from her hair and quickly released the ninja from her chokehold. Jupiter gasped deeply, retaining her hold on the Sky Jewel and astralstone. 

Cole and Zane turned and smiled to see the rest of their team. 

"I think we've got a little something left to do," Lloyd announced, holding the alien weapon he found. 

"See, now that's an entrance!" Jay nudged Kai in the ribs playfully. 

NINJAGO: StarmarkedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara