20 - A Quiet Restoration

Smoke and flames surfaced on the metal debris that was scattered across the vast plains; Thanks to their new Kosmikile friend, the colossal alien aircraft had completely avoided the city, and had crash-landed outside it. Master Wu carefully descended their ship towards the crash site. Lloyd, Nya, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole and Pixal all gaped at the destructive disaster from the Bounty; no one said a word. 

"Well, ain't nobody surviving that..." Ronin said into the silence from his tiny airship. The group aboard the Bounty all turned to look at him with wide-eyed disapproved looks. Ronin shrugged and lifted off in R.E.X to search for any survivors. Pixal followed in her Samurai X suit.

"Do you think she--she--" Nya gulped.

"No - She has to be there- Let's go look!" Lloyd's voice wobbled as he lead his team towards the debris. They began lifting pieces of metal, searching for anybody that survived. After minutes of desperate rummaging, Kai sighed and turned to the rest of his friends. 

"It's no use. Ronin's right - a ship that size crashing...of course nobody could survive that." He shook his head sadly. The others dismally looked at each other. Master Wu lowered his head at the sight of the disaster, removing his hat in grief. 

From the far side of the crash, the low humming of Pixal's mech approached; the clunky arms of her suit were holding the body of a victim. The ninja all gasped and ran towards Pixal. 

"I do not recognise him, but he is alive," the nindroid said quietly. She carefully laid the person on the grass as the others watched. 

Quentin coughed roughly; he had burn marks across his face and his clothes were torn. Slowly, the Kosmikile opened his eyes. 

"Quentin! You're okay!" Cole said, relieved. 

"His position in the upper control room must've avoided the point of major impact!" Zane added in a tone of surprise.

Jay rushed over to the dazed apprentice. "Dude, you like, saved the entire city from further destruction!" he told him.

The alien blinked at him in a confused manner. 

"I..I did?" 

The ninja all nodded at him with small smiles. He sat up and smiled back gratefully. 

"Speaking of which...look at that!" Ronin suddenly exclaimed, pointing at the distant Ninjago City. They all stood up and gazed beyond the tattered metal and destroyed trees to see that their city and all its buildings have been reformed. No longer was Ninjago City a lifeless grey terrain; instead it's been returned to its former shine and dignity. The buildings stood high and firm and people have been restored and were full of life. 

"Incredible.." Wu sighed, admiring the sight.

"Ninjago City...the stardust! It's all back!" Nya proclaimed brightly, but her grin soon disappeared. "Jupiter did it."

"For as long as I knew her, her powers have always been quite mysterious and ethereal. She did what she had to do to protect Ninjago. Just as a ninja should." Master Wu reflected. He placed a hand on his nephew's shoulder, comforting him as he was overcome with grief.