Eighteen

I flutter my eyes open slowly, my eyelids feel so heavy. Thoughts of what happened earlier start crashing through my head. What happened?

I remember Rocco tried to kill me, I remember Stone beating Rocco up. But where am I?

I look around, vision all blurry, and start taking in my surroundings. I'm in Stone's bedroom. He must have took me to his house after I fainted.

I gather all my energy to get up and realize that there is something stopping me. I look over to my left and I see him. He's sleeping. He's sitting on a chair, he has his head resting on the bed, facing me, and he's holding my hand. There's a sun ray hitting his face, making him look absolutely beautiful.

Even though he had a bad day, he's sleepy and tired, yet Stone can't leave my side. Instead of fixing the bad day of work he had today, he's right here, waiting for me to wake up.

I stare at him for a few seconds, studying his face, his beautiful face.

The second I start pulling my fingers away from his, he wakes up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I softly say.

He straightens his shoulders and starts rubbing his eyes. "No, no, are you okay? How are you feeling?" he says, which makes me smile, due to the fact that if I'm okay or not is the first thing he needs to know when he wakes up.

"I'm fine, Stone-"

"That fucker, what the fuck was he thinking? He was touching you, Alice. No one fucking touches you! No one." he says before getting up.

He places his hand on my cheek, "Can I get you anything?" he asks.

"No, but can you please calm down? I'm fine."

He nods slowly before grabbing a cloth from the bedside table, dipping it in a bowl of water and places it on my neck. "Marks. He marked you, with his fingers." Stone tells me, I can see the annoyance and fury on his face and through his voice.

"Where is he?" I ask. "Rocco, where is he?"

"Rotting in hell by now, I hope."

"W-What do you mean?" I hope he doesn't mean what I think he does.

"I killed that fucker."

"W-What? Y-You killed him?" I cannot believe this.

"Of course I killed him. He tried to kill you, Alice. I beat that motherfucker to death." and he says with complete neutrality.

"Stone, are you out of your mind? Didn't you think how that would make me feel?" I shout as I throw the cloth he put on me away and get up on my feet.

I almost fall over, I feel so out of balance. Stone runs over to me and grabs me, one hand grabbing my elbow and the other on my lower back.

I yank myself away from him, I cannot believe what he did. "Don't touch me."

"Alice, I know you're not in the best state, but that doesn't mean you get to talk to me like that. You got it?" he glares at me. "I killed Rocco because he fucking tried to kill YOU. You can be a little thankful."

"Thankful? You want me to be thankful? I feel like I'm the one to blame!"

"Of course you're not! He was chocking you! Now shut the fuck up and sit down so I can be here for you!" he shouts.

"I don't want you here for me!"

"YOU DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE! SIT DOWN!" he screams making me flinch. I turn around to face the mirror behind me, damn, my neck looks horrible.