chapter one.

Evelyn was early

Evelyn was early. 

It wasn't that she meant to be, it's just that she hadn't slept the night before. Instead, she decided to get a head start to work, carefully making sure her her skirt was free of wrinkles and pleats pressed perfectly against her legs. 

"Ah, Ms. Hanako." She turned to see a small animal, who's suit barely creased with his bow. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Nezu smiled politely. His teeth were hidden, and somehow, that made him all the more intimidating. 

She bowed in return. "Principal Nezu." 

He tilted his head, prompting her to follow him through the campus.  "I'd assume you'd be curious as to where you'll be working. I've assigned you to work with class 1-A as an assistant for homeroom and work with Recovery Girl in the afternoons. Your healing abilities would be a massive help as she had fallen ill a few days ago, and won't be at full strength."

Evelyn nodded. She ran her palms down the flat of her skirt, trying to straighten out the imaginary wrinkles out as she struggled to keep pace with the surprisingly quick mammal. 

"If you don't mind, Ms. Hanako-"

"Evelyn is fine." She stated, cutting him off with a nervous smile, heart beating anxiously at the interruption of her new boss. 

"Evelyn," Nezu continued, unpeturbed by her rudeness. "Please explain your quirk. It stated 'Angel' on your resume, but that's is all it said. If I remember correctly, weren't you supposed to have wings?"

Evelyn shuffled nervously. She knew she was going to be working with a bunch of pro heroes, but as nerve-racking as that was, this small animal had managed to make her even more nervous. In fact, that's all he had done since greeting her at the gate. 

She took a deep breath. "Well, it's a mix of an emitter and heteromorphic." 

"The reason you can't see my wings are because they are the heteromorphic aspec of my quirk. I can make them appear and disappear." Hidden underneath her turtleneck, golden feathers decorated her shoulder blades, a 'tattoo' that had adorned her back since birth. 

"Emitter wise, I have a golden aura that can heal injuries, though my tears are a more potent form of healing. I can concentrate the aura into a more powerful shockwave, or use it a blind." She finished her summary, glancing down at the bear? Dog? Evelyn didn't bother asking.

Nezu nodded. "That is quite the versatile quirk you have, Ms. Hanako."

Evelyn flushed, not bothering to remind him about her name. "I-it's really not. I'm sure there are more powerful people-"

"You will be of great help here." Nezu cut her off with a kind smile. "Alas, we have arrived at the teacher's lounge. I shall leave you now. Take care!" And with that, he disappeared in the same mysterious way he had appeared before.