Chapter 13 - Trails of Fire

Evelyn sighed as she excused herself from Hawks and wandered around the outer edge of the room

Evelyn sighed as she excused herself from Hawks and wandered around the outer edge of the room. She found herself wandering outside.

An arm grasped onto her arm and Evelyn was suddenly pressed against the firm brick of the courtyard walls.

"You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?" She found herself face to face with Shota, his face twisted with an emotion that was vaguely similar to anger.

"Excuse me?" Evelyn asked, confused as to why he was so mad. Or was he mad? His eyes didn't shine with that hatred that came along with anger. Holy shit, it worked.

"Why were you talking to Hawks?" He asked a different question. His grip on her forearm tightened, pressing her harder against the wall.

Evelyn let a mischievous smirk find it's way onto her face. "Are you jealous?"

Aizawa froze. "No. NO! I don't know what you're talking about."

Evelyn ripped herself out of his grip before grasping onto his neck and spinning themselves around. "It sure seems like you are."

Aizawa's mind went blank.

Evelyn was pressed against him, keeping him from moving, her fingers on his throat. His whole face flushed as his heart nearly beat out of his chest.

Yes, he was jealous. Does he regret it? If this was the outcome? Fuck no. Her hand trailed down, resting on his chest as she smirked at him. Her breath was hot, and fanned over his face, the faint smell of champagne mixing with her intoxicating scent. He inhaled, memorizing the scent, the warmth of her body, the feeling of her so close to him.

"We can discuss this later. I have a party to attend." She pulled away and Aizawa slipped away from her, stumbling back.

She wiggled her fingers and grinned. "You're driving me home right?"

He gave a shaky nod, and Evelyn slipped back inside. She took a deep breath. That was hot. Part of her was thrilled that she got him that fired up, but she more enjoyed the effect she had on him.

Aizawa stood, flustered inside the courtyard. He ran his fingers through his hair, as he tried to steady his breathing. Does she... feel the same? That was the only explanation for what just happened. Right?

"Damn, you got it good."

Aizawa spun to see Yamada, who leaned against the courtyard doorway. "Hizashi." He breathed out.

"She likes you, man." Aizawa blinked. What? "Come on, you two have been flirting nonstop, you live together and I've never seen you react to anyone like that. The whole staff sees it, the students see it."

Aizawa's mind flashed back to Hizashi flushing Evelyn's body against his. He remembered the rage and jealousy that had flowed through his body. Why..? "You... you planned this?!"