Chapter 19 - Goodbye

Evelyn leaned against Shota, placing a short kiss on his cheek as she glanced around at the students

The training camp was going fairly well, no villains insight. Her wings were out in the open, allowing her to breathe easier. The strain of keeping them retracted disappeared, her shoulders slowly relaxing.

Part of her was still on guard, but there was no reason for an attack to happen here at the camp.

Shota hummed. "You look like you needed this." She inhaled with a bright grin.

"I'm worried but I think we'll be okay."

Shota nodded and planted a kiss on her forehead before pulling away and rounding up the students before herding them off to dinner.

----

Evelyn stood in the chill of the night, supervising the test of courage. Her wings fluttered nervously as she tapped the center of her hero suit. Black morphed outward as her costume changed into a stealth mode. The only thing that stuck out was her clean white wings and the slight glow of her staff.

She smiled softly and giggled at the sound of shouts echoing throughout the forest. She glanced over at the rest of the 1-A who were waiting for their turns.

The forest lit up in blue.

For a second, she stared in awe and horror at the bright flames that licked at the sky. Evelyn surged forward, white wings flapping to propel her upward. She spiraled upward before taking note of all the students she could see.

"Mandalay!" She gave her a quick glance and choked as she stared at the two villains standing over Pixie Bob. Evelyn landed next to Mandalay before glancing back at her students.

"Retreat to the main building. Aizawa and Vlad King are there and can protect you." She glared at all of them, specifically Midoriya. "Don't fight. Let the pros handle this."

Midoriya frowned. "Ms. Hanako, I need to find Kota! He's on the mountain."

She grimaced at the thought of the green boy going off on his own. His tendency to attract trouble would most definitely kick in. "You have two minutes. If you're not back in time, I'll personally come look for you."

She paused before tacking on, "You can use your quirk to defend yourself."

Determination flashed through the emerald boy's eyes. "Okay!" With that, he dashed off, leaving a trail of glittering green.

Evelyn turned her attention back to the two villains at hand. She unsheathed her sword, the golden metal gleaming in the moonlight.

Mandalay gave her a quick glance. "Find the students, we can handle this."

"Your quirk isn't suited for these types of battles." Evelyn argued.

"And neither is yours." The woman shot back. "The students are on their own. Go."