Chapter 12 - Intoxicated

Midnight grinned as she dragged Evelyn into her apartment

The week passed fairly quickly, the students doing preparatory work for practicals. Now that Evelyn was spending her time majorly with Aizawa's class, they had picked up on the closeness that their two teachers shared. The stolen glances. Inside jokes. Playful shoves.

Mina had never wanted to play cupid more.

Luckily, Uraraka had convinced her otherwise, pointing to Midnight who giggled hysterically every time the pair of teachers were together. It was quite obvious someone else was already doing it.

"Now," Midnight cackled as she dove through her closet, chucking clothes back and forth. "We're going to make you so gorgeous that Shota will die." Evelyn gave her a deadpanned look before ducking under a flying dress.

"Are you sure making him jealous is a good idea...?" Evelyn asked apprehensively. Midnight paused her closet raid to turn and smirk at her friend.

"Please, these parties need a little spice anyways."

That didn't answer my question. Evelyn thought exasperatedly.

"Aha!" Midnight stood triumphantly, holding up a long, silk dress. It was white and simple with a slit on one side. "Nothing extravagant, but it should do."

Evelyn changed reluctantly into the dress and slipped into a pair of gold stilettos. Her hair was done in waves. There were strings of glittering gems decorating her hair, which fell loosely down her back in waves.

Midnight stepped out of her large walk-in closet, in a floor-length, black dress. "Great, you're ready." The woman quickly grasped onto Evelyn's forearm and dragged her to the car outside.

The car ride was short to the manor that the party would be held at. The press was everywhere, lights flashing brightly from the cameras.

Evelyn smiled pleasantly, waving to the media as she walked inside. She was met with a large crowd of heroes, who mingled with each other.

Aizawa hated parties.

It was quite obvious from the way he stood by the drinks, avoiding others as he sipped a cup of champagne. If he wasn't required to be there by Nezu, he would not have come. Midnight had taken Evelyn earlier in the day, and he hadn't seen her since then.

"Sho, you've got to interact!" Yamada grinned as he approached his brooding friend. "Talk to people, I'm sure you have someone other than me who you're friends with!"

"No." Aizawa groaned. "I don't want to talk to anyone."

Yamada went to say something but froze before smiling like a maniac. "Is that Evie?!"

Aizawa immediately stood straight. He turned and choked.

An angel.

That was the only explanation. Her hair glowed under the lights, as she smiled and shook hands with others. Her dress was backless and for the first time he took in the tattoo that decorated her shoulder blades. Of course, he had seen it before when removing the glass, but it had been covered in blood and scratches.

Now it was healed and he stared at it in its full glory. It looked like it had been etched with gold, the bright yellow color glittering. The feathers of the wings drawn in incredible detail.

He took in a deep breath. Her dress hugged her curves perfectly, the white silk flowing down to the ground.

Aizawa turned to Yamada only to see him skipping over to the elegant woman.

"Evie!" He exclaimed, holding his arms out wide. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

Evelyn turned with a grin, before giving him a hug. "We're coworkers Hizashi, I saw you yesterday."

He pouted, before draping a hand over his eyes exasperatedly. "It was too long ago."

"Well, that sounds very nice, but I think I should go grab a drink."

Yamada quickly grasped onto her waist pulling her back. "Wait-" She struggled in his grasp, before freezing, her face bright red.

"Hizashi!"

Yamada knew Aizawa. They had been friends since the beginning of high school. He also knew that this was the first time that he could remember where Aizawa was actually affected by another female. And Yamada would be damned if they didn't get together.

He held her flush against him. "Aizawa is watching." He hummed lowly.

Across the room, Aizawa's eyes flared red. The people around him took an unconscious step back, the malice rolling off in a rage. He glared at the traitor he called a friend before letting out a huff and whipping out his phone to try and distract himself. 

Evelyn's eyes went wide. "Don't tell me- Nemuri?"

Yamada grinned mischievously. "Yeah, I know about your whole jealous plan. I'm here to help make it happen. And trust me when I say this: It'll work." His hold on her loosened and she pulled away slightly. "Would you like me to introduce you to a couple of people?"

Evelyn shrugged. "Why not?"

And so the night began. Evelyn smiled for so long, her cheeks hurt. At some point, Yamada left her side, and she ended up walking around on her own.

That's how she ended up talking to Hawks.

Of course, she didn't have a problem with the man. He was just coming onto her too strong, and she wasn't particularly interested.

"So, did you come here with a plus one?" He asked a mischievous smile placed over his lips.

"I came here with Midnight." She responded, giving a sideways glance at the man. She wouldn't deny it, he was handsome. But, Shota just happened to be more attractive.

Speaking of Shota, he had not spoken to her at all. In fact, they hadn't even greeted each other. She stole glances from across the room, but whenever she looked. He was engaged with whatever was on his phone screen.

Evelyn blinked in surprise.

It had been a long time since she thought about him. The happy smile on her face turned into a wistful and nostalgic one. Her heart ached at the thought of her first love. Shota looked like him in some ways. The dark black hair (Though Kazuo's was shorter), the sharp jawline, the tall build.

No.

Evelyn winced at her own brain. It's wasn't right to compare him to Kazuo. Despite everything that's happened, she should give Aizawa a place in her heart for his own, and she didn't want it to feel like she was just using him as a replacement.

She genuinely did like Aizawa. She could only hope that he felt the same way too.